0

Bizarre.

It's the only word that came into the mind of the three shinobi who were sure they were long dead. Having to awaken to fight a war was one thing, but it was bizarre for the three to be alive in a place where the Edo Tensei doesn't take affect.

Hashirama, being the first to wake up from his sleep, noticed immediately that something was wrong. And usually, that's never a good thing.

Checking his surroundings, he found his brother not too far from him. Worriedly checking Tobirama's pulse, he couldn't stop the sigh of relief knowing his brothers pulse and heart rate were normal.

But then it hit him. Pulse? Heart rate? The Edo Tensei had the power to revive the dead but there were never any records of a heartbeat. Pushing two fingers against his neck, expecting no sign of a pulse, was instead shocked to feel the constant beat against his fingers. Now this is a problem he'll question later.

From the corner of his eye, he catches sight of a something familiar, the unconscious body of his childhood friend.

And there she was. Probably the greatest kunoichi of her time, being famous for being one of the founders of the Hidden Leaf Village, for her genjutsu, taijustu and ninjutsu prowess and of course, her powerful eyes; Uchiha Madara.

Dragging her body was an easy feat since she was unconscious and couldn't kill him for merely touching her, but he had to admit, laying her next to his brother who was in the same condition, was probably not his best idea.

.
.
.

Tobirama was not mad at his brother. Of course he wasn't. No, he was furious! His mind was a bit hazy but he could recall that Uzumaki child and that Uchiha surviver having to fight against Madara and the Ten Tails, which should have ended the war and released the justu. But why? Why did he have to wake up next to his worst enemy, Uchiha Madara?

His older brother, someone whom he respected, was alive and showed zero signs of being under the Edo Tensei. His eyes a glistening brown while his skin showed no signs of the previous cracks. Strange...

"What's the meaning of this?"

A voice Tobirama could not stand, but a question they all wanted answers too. They knew their next mission would be to gain valid information.

"Let's leave here before we gain anymore attention," Hashirama said as he stood up and dusted off his overused but trusty armor. Madara clearly didn't like being ordered around, but she knows it was for the best right now. With a sigh, she stands as well. Tobirama didn't agree with having Madara follow them, but, it would be dangerous having her run around unsupervised.

"I agree. We're already gaining enough unwanted attention from passersby. It's best we remove our armor as well. It'll help us blend in."

Madara gave a small 'tsk' at Tobirama's suggestion but obliged anyway, already aware of the odd glaces their way. Tobirama kept a close eye on the woman, expecting her to attack the two but was pleasantly surprised to see her actually listening to their suggestion. He also knew that it was considered rude for a man to watch a woman strip, even if she was only taking off the exterior armor and leaving her clothes intact, however, in his eyes, that was no woman; That was a monster. A monster that could rip out his throat in mere seconds, not that he'd make it easy for her.

They all stripped themselves of their armory, leaving on their matching baggy pants and long sleeved shirts considering that's what they wore beneath the armor. After sealing their gear into some scrolls from their leg pouch, the trio leave the park without any delay, and moving into a crowded area.

They gawked at their surroundings, seeing items, architect and even food they did not recognize. Even some of the people physically ranged from normal to odd.

Looking around, a store caught Madara's attention. Moving towards it, with the Senju brothers not far behind, she catches sight of a Magazine.

She didn't know why it attracted her so much, but she did mildly find the title intriguing, plus, it should be informative.

"Pro Heroes save the day again!"

"Pro Hero popularity ranking!"

"Top Hero ranking!"

"#1 Hero; All might saves the day again!"

"Hero Endeavour's successor?"

Every article spoke about public popularity, strength, saving the day from villains, latest rumors but one thing that remained consistent, was the word 'hero'. And she was getting sick of it.

Over and over. Over and over. It was like this place had an obsession with the stupid, childish concept of heroes, and it made her mad. There are no heroes, only soldiers who fight for a cause and get dirty because of a blind order. Heroism is a fake dream, so she didn't understand the obsession.

Until she read the last article, on the last page, with the largest text;

"Do You Want To Be A Hero?"