TWO

"Hello, Alaric." Aurelia said with a smile as she sat in front of Alaric at their diner. "So, what's up?"

"You're in a good mood." Alaric observed carefully. "Don't tell me you've flipped the switch."

"Well, I was this close," She pinched her thumb and finger together. "To doing it, after I wrecked my room, but then I saw a picture of Karissa." She smiled. "And we had a long chat about certain things, i.e., Stefan Salvatore, I'm feeling much better about myself. I'm still bound by that weight, but I feel much better about it." She explained. "So, why did you call?"

"One, Elena wants to wipe her memories of Damon." She raised her eyebrow. "Yeah."

"Is it a good idea?" She asked. He shrugged. "Do you want to do it?"

"Yeah, if that makes her happy, then sure." He said. "Now, she told me that Stefan's stopped." She frowned.

"What do you mean, 'Stefan's stopped'?" She questioned. "He's stopped looking for ways to bring Damon and Bonnie back?" He nodded. "What? He was clearly supposed to do it, because I've been preoccupied with family business and the magic, and so has Caroline."

"I've been feeding him leads for months. He let me believe he was following them."

"So, you're telling me that absolutely no one has been trying to get Damon and Bonnie back?!" She asked in disbelief.

"Well, not no one." He said, making her eye him.

!

Aurelia made a face of disgust as she heard what was going on in a room. She closed her eyes, and prayed to God that she wouldn't have yet another mental scar when she opened the door.

She let out a breath, before walking in, only to see that the idiot was using his tongue to do whatever with a coat-check girl. She swallowed, before clearing her throat.

"Ahem." She said loudly. He pulled away from the girl- who Aurelia knew was a witch- and turned around to look at her, his flirty smirk plastered on.

"Well, there's a blast from the past." Enzo said, his accented voice just as she remembered it. "Hello, gorgeous."

!

"The Gemini Coven." Aurelia recited, a frown on her face as she looked out the window of the car. "Haven't heard that name in a while."

"Huh, know anything about it?" Enzo asked, glancing at her. She turned her head to look at him.

"I'm 400 years old. I obviously would know something." She half- lied. "I know that they're a coven of witches that dates back to 1500." She said.

"Someone knows their history." He commented. "Speaking of subjects, I heard you dropped out of college."

"And I heard that you're a stalker." She said. "Your point?" He simply chuckled. "I've done the whole college thing like, 8 times, so there's absolutely no point in doing it again. I have enough knowledge." She looked out the window again. "When do we exit?"

"Soon." He answered. "You should reconsider. Looks can only get a girl so far these days."

"One, I'm a vampire and can compel people." She said. "Two, thank you for the compliment. And three, I'm not taking feminist tips from a guy who just used his tongue to get secrets out of a random woman."

"Garment detendant." He corrected.

"Whatever you say." She said. "So, how would she know about the, uh, Gemini Coven? I thought that they disbanded years ago."

"No idea about them, and that's not where we're headed." She frowned, looking at him.

"What? Where on earth are you taking me, then?" He only smiled.