THREE

"Normally, when you move in, you unpack." Elena said, walking into the dorm room with two cups of coffee.

"I'm not staying, Elena." Aurelia said, tying her hair up in to a messy and high bun. "Last night was a momentary moment of weakness."

"Momentary moment?" Elena asked. Aurelia hummed. "Are you sure that you don't want to come back to school?" The blonde finally turned around to face her. "Ooh, you look sexy." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm not going back, 'Lena." She said. "I have errands to run, so I'll be busy."

"What errands?" Elena challenged.

"The errand of stealing more blood bags from the hospital." She said. "So, bye."

"No!" Elena said. "Come on Aurelia!"

"Before that I got breakfast with Enzo... and then we're going to go find some leads to bring Damon and Bonnie back." She added.

"Enzo?" Elena asked, earning a hum. "Oh, you guys go on one—" The blonde held up two fingers. "Two road trips and now you're breakfast buddies?"

"Yup, ironically, he's become one of the most stable people in my life." She answered. Elena smiled, before remembering what she was talking about.

"Look, 'Lia, needing your friends isn't a weakness, momentary or otherwise." Aurelia hummed sarcastically yet again.

"Tell that to Stefan." She said, zipping up her duffel bag. Elena huffed.

"So, you're having boy drama." Aurelia looked at her if she was crazy. "Come on, cut him some slack. He just lost his brother, granted said brother was a homicidal maniac."

"No, I'm having normal, heretic, life drama." She said, giving her a weird look. "Besides, Enzo just texted me."

"Then invite him." Elena said.

"Where?"

"The party at the swimming hole."

"What?!" Aurelia asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, the party. I was literally just talking about it." The brunette said. "Please, you gotta come."

"Elena—"

"I got Matt to take the afternoon off from his training and Tyler to give the practice squad a break, even Jeremy is coming. It's been forever since we've been together." Aurelia opened her mouth to speak, but Elena pointedly looked at her. "Don't make me invoke the nuclear option. Because I will selfie bomb you. Every five minutes." Aurelia smiled.

"Fine, I'll go. As long as I get to do whatever the hell I want there."

"Yeah, of course! This is gonna be fun!" Elena squealed.

"But I'm not moving back in. Not yet." Aurelia said. Elena simply smirked.

"That is a conversation to be had over Jell-O shots." Aurelia groaned.

"I hate those." She said. Elena grinned, making her frown slightly at her sudden change of attitude.

!

"What the hell did Ric do to Elena, Matt?" Aurelia hissed into the phone, walking out of the dorm room as Elena had gone to the washroom. She had her things packed and ready to go to the swimming hole, her partially-translucent white shirt and blue shorts covering her bikini. She slung her bag over her shoulder, before letting her hair down.

She walked out of the hall, in the opposite direction of Stefan, who she didn't know was there. He simply looked at her, a sigh escaping his lips. He couldn't help but smile softly, however, at the sight of her looking like a modern, human girl on the phone with a friend.