Chapter 1 : I Got You, Always Helena

"Yo Honey, what you doing tonight?" Rashad's lips loosely whispered as Honey developed goosebumps chilling her entire backside, his hands wrapping around her bare back. Honey side eyed Rashad before giving a sympathetic giggle. She wasn't interested in going to whatever Rashad had planned tonight.

The two trotted down the cement staircase leading to the heart of campus where snow was gently falling against the earth's subtle surface. Honey replied.

"Dinner with Mr. Jones." Her soft voice glided through the thin air.

"That's what you do every Friday night, give your pops a break. I need you as a host please? I got Kira as a host tonight if that interest you?" Rashad knew getting one of Honey's girlfriends to host at his party would get him one step closer to being in Honey's presence a little longer than the one class they shared every Friday afternoon.

Honey sighed, her breath clouding into the brisk atmosphere. "We shouldn't even be seen together." Honey says stopping her tracks.

Rashad removed his hand from her bare back and placed his hands in his pockets to keep warm.

"It's been a month Honey."

"And everyday my uncle is plotting new schemes to hurt who let Lou get so damn high he went to the moon, made a pit stop at mars and came back to earth. He almost got caught, shit he almost got arrested." Honey seethed. Rashad looked alarmed at all the sunken drama that just surfaced back to reality.

"Don't start coming at me because your uncle a professor by day and drug dealer by night." Rashade shrugs and surrenders his hands. "Tell your lil' cousin Lou if he can't handle pressure don't try to apply it."

Honey places her palm into Rashad's chest with force and pouts. "Dammit Shad, you call yourself a fucking mentor to freshman and this is a result?"

Rashad shrugs, "He like a little brother to me. We were just chilling for real Honey... I can't forsee the future. If I knew Lou was going to get pulled over and all that..."

"Yeah I've already heard it. We can't be friends. You and I both know this. You're like the enemy to me... vice versa."

Honey's family and Rashad's family have been street rivals for a couple generations now. However the two met through mutual friends their freshman year of college. Neither of the two knew their families were rivals of each other until Lou's incident of being pulled over.

"Right. I just thought since it's a function, it'd be dark it wouldn't matter if you were in the same vicinity." Rashad's phone vibrates with a message on the lockscreen. His eyebrows furrowed and he locked his phone back.

"Well if that's all you need." Honey's lips pursed to the side she shifts her weight onto one leg waiting for his response.

"Yeah, that's all I need. I'll see you. But you can't run from me... we do have a class together anyways." And with that the two headed in separate directions of campus as the sun set behind the heavy and chilled clouds in the air.

Honey's fork scraped the bottom of the plate as she twirled her noodles around it and took a bite. Draymond, her father mirrored her position of the table in the low lit restaurant.

"You've barely said two words, what's up?" He questions her taking a sip from his wine.

"I'm thinking about tommorow."

Draymond feared she may say that. "Sweetheart we gone' be alright."

"Not if-"

"Shut up." Draymond ordered. "Stop sticking your nose in my business and you wouldn't be worried. I'm always gone' be alright and so will you. I got your back, you got mine. That's how it's always been and always will be."