FIVE

"God, don't do that ever again!" Aurelia said, lightly punching Damon's arm. "Do you know how bad I felt?"

"Yeah, because of how many times you repeated it." He said.

"I can't believe it." Stefan said. "I thought you were gone."

"Well, you didn't think I was gone gone, did you? I did promise you an eternity of misery." The blue-eyed Salvatore said.

"Well, what about Bon?" Aurelia asked.

"She... well, she sacrificed herself so I could come back. But I don't want anyone to know. No sense making this harder than it already is."

"What are we going to tell people?" Stefan asked. Aurelia kept quiet, her eyes dim. "That she wasn't wherever you were?"

"Not wherever, whenever." Damon corrected, making Aurelia frown.

"When were you?"

!

"Mystic Falls? 1994?" Stefan said in confusion. Aurelia said nothing, slightly surprised.

"I know. If a bunch of witches were going to get together and create some space-time purgatory, you'd think they'd pick a better year than the one where Kurt Cobain killed himself. The whole thing was just very depressing." He took a swig from the bottle of bourbon."

"So, what got you back?" Aurelia asked, making him sigh.

"Long story, big flash of light, two decades worth of jet lag. I will explain all of my adventures in that flannel hellscape, but first, I have one, aching question." Aurelia raised an eyebrow. "I saw you scolding my brother. Is it relationship trouble?" Aurelia glanced at Stefan.

"Aw, I guess you'll find out one day, Damon." She patted his cheek, before picking up her flowers and shoving them in his face.

"So, you did something." Damon said to Stefan, who hummed. Aurelia's phone suddenly rang.

"Hey, Matt. What's up?"

"We need to talk." Matt said. "Can you meet me at Alaric's office tomorrow?" Aurelia frowned.

"Um, sure. Why?"

!

"Why didn't you tell me that Enzo had been locked up this whole time?" Aurelia asked, furiously as she glared at Matt.

"Honestly, I didn't know anybody was missing him." Matt answered, making her facepalm.

"Matt..." Alaric warned.

"I'm sorry! I was confused about which vampires we like and which ones we don't."

"Okay, then, what about Ivy? The one Aurelia was taking care of yesterday?" Caroline asked. "Is she there, too?" Matt shook his head.

"Tripp... drove her and two others across the border last night." Aurelia raised her eyebrows.

"Well, do you know where Tripp is right now?" Alaric asked, as Caroline sat down next to Matt.

"He's running down another lead, but he didn't tell me what it was."

"Well, can you find out? We need to know who his next target is." Aurelia asked.

"If Enzo talks, it'll be you guys." Matt said.

"Well, that's going to happen because we're busting him out, right?" Aurelia asked. "And after that, I'm actually gonna kill him for getting caught in the first place." Alaric looked at Matt.

"You have any idea as to how Tripp get his hands on him in the first place?" He asked.

Footsteps into the office made all four people look up to see Stefan, who had guilt all over his expression.