Chapter 1

// The wolf above iS Riley's wolf. //

Riley's POV

The sky was Barren of any clouds but the air was still chilling. The snow has just begun to stick and the chill was climbing up my paws.

The snow was begining to dull my senses. But not enough for me to lose the I had trail. I hated how my omega senses began to dull in cold weather. Just another reminder I'd need an Alpha in the future.

The thought makes me shudder with revulsion. I didn't need an Alpha by any means. I didn't need someone to baby me and make me feel less than I was. I'd already spent more than enough time making myself feel less than. I didn't need someone else doing it.

The smell of blood rips me away from my thoughts. It was heavy and stale due to the colder weather.
I cursed under my breath and began to run towards the smell.

My thoughts began to race with me. What if the rouge killed someone before I could kill him? The trees blurred around me as my run turned into a sprint.

Drawing closer my inner wolf James spoke up.
Stop!

I skidded to a halt just feet away from the bloody corpse.

Look closer. Someone beat you to the kill.
James sighed in disappointment.

As his request I took a second look and realized that yes, I had been beaten to the kill.
Who could have done this? No one actively hunts rouges in this area. My pack was the only one for miles with an active Rouge Hunter.

A breeze swept through the trees and I caught a new scent. Several new scents in fact.

Wanna follow it? I know you do~
James piped up making me chuckle and I huffed in agreement.

If I ran just south of where I'd be able to catch up with the team of Rouge Hunters by morning.

.....

I followed the scent all night, the closer I got the stronger the scents became. Sooner rather than later I recognized the scent of the pack.
The Western Pack
The only better pack than that of my own.

I began to slow knowing that if I didn't I'd run right into the team of wolves. I could hear them already. I kept my mind quiet. They were all too oblivious to my presence.

The farther we got from the neutral territory, the more I began to wonder how far their home base was headed.

.....

Just a day and a half had passed and I began to notice that we had gone in a complete circle.

Shit! Run!!
James hissed right as I was pounced by a silver-grey wolf.

"Knew we had him.! It was just as easy as hunting a cub!!" Cackles the grey wolf

I heard the vibration of someone phasing into their human form and a moment of silence rang out in the small clearing we were in.

" Phase. I'd like to speak to you civilly if that's okay with you?"
he spoke a low baritone voice that made my inner omega wolf shudder silently.

Without a second thought for safety I phased. Still pushed to the ground by the giant silver-grey wolf who snarled at my heavily padded human form. I got cold easily in my human form.

I shrugged and lifted my head to see who had spoken. The man who greeted my eyes was handsome, but not my type. He was too skinny and not as filled out. He was also shorter than I'd like him to be.

As these thoughts ran through my head James snickers, making me smirk as well.

If your this critical with all men your mate should be the best-looking wolf in the book

James retorted and I chuckled.

" What's so funny?" The handsome guy asked calmly

I smirked my lopsided grin and snickered again
" Oh just my inner wolf being funny with me. He's noting no matter how hot you may-be you'll never catch my eye"

That comment made the silver-grey wolf growl softly

"Eliot enough." He scolded the wolf before speaking to me again
" What's your name omega?"

I flinched at the term. I hated that my scent spelled out my secondary gender to all wolves.
" Riley Zarvoi... Pleased to meet your acquaintance" I said in a grand way bowing low.

His eyes went dark, he was mind linking to his Alpha.

Uh-oh...this couldn't mean well.

.....

Maximus POV

Alec's voice rang clear in my head as he spoke about what he had found.

"Ki-" I began to say

No!! Don't!! 
My wolf Charlie yelled at me
Perplexed I retracted my response.

" Bring him to me."

At this Charlie purred in content.

"What are you up to?" I asked my wolf calmly knowing he didn't respond well to anger.

You'll see when he gets here!!!

I asked Alec how far out he was and was responded with 2 hours. I was pleased to see what my wolf had going on. But I had to wait another 2 hours and that would be hard for me.
I am impatient don't blame me!
.....

Riley's POV

About two hours later I was being dragged into a large hallway and thrown on the floor.
Lucky for me my padded gloved hands caught my fall. My inner wolf growled until he heard something and began to get excited.

He's here!! Oh my fuck he's here!!
He began to yell in my head

I narrowed my eyebrows as I heard this and was severely confused. 
Then I heard the sound of footsteps running down the corridor down to my left. I turned my head, my heart beginning to race.

The door swung open and my wolf howled loudly.

I wanted to crawl in on myself. I knew that howl. A blush crept up on my cheeks as I looked up at the Alpha at the door.

I pulled myself up quickly and dusted myself off.
" Hello stranger. Nice to know I'm supposed to love you. Now how bout you tell me who you are?"