Untitled Part 1

Hope you enjoy! - Mimi ❤️

You sat on the edge of the sand, staring blankly at the dancing tidal waves which surrounded the lonely Eventide Island. Oftentimes you contemplated throwing yourself face-first into the ocean, and putting an end to this perpetual suffering. But your legs were too weak at this point. You felt too weak to even plunge to your death.

Since you discovered your ex boyfriend/girlfriend had been cheating on you with a Hylian villager, you hadn't eaten anything. You didn't care anymore. You just had to get away as quickly as possible, and to never dare go back. Even though the land of Hyrule was vast, the thoughts of your ex still dominated. They were all you could think about when you stared off into the distance where Hyrule lay. That's why you chose Eventide Island. You had teleported there using your Sheikah Slate, which you had now, in turn, tossed into the water and let it be carried away by the turbulent tides. So you were basically stranded here now. No way of escape, but you didn't care at this point. All you cared about was your ex, and what they had done to you, until...

CRASH!!!!!

You screamed out in pain as your body was practically stomped into the sand. Your head suffered a severe blow, and you felt dizzy from afterwards. This had sure given you a burst full of energy, despite not having eaten in days, to crawl out from underneath the thing that had landed on top of you.

Upon closer examination, you realised that it was not a thing, but a bird. A blue/grey bird, to be exact, about three times the size of you. You gasped, this was obviously a Rito. This was the first time you had actually seen one in person, despite living in Hyrule all of your life. Upon even further examination, you realised that this was no ordinary Rito, no, this was in fact, Revali, the Rito Champion!

Not knowing what to do in that moment, you froze in place and waited with baited breath (of the wild lol 😛) for the bird to gather himself. Eventually, he got to his feet, and his eyes turned to you. Anticipating an apology, you crossed your arms. Instead, you were met with an unwelcoming gaze and a huffy remark. 'That's What you get for invading peoples space, lowly Hylian!'

'I'm sorry... I didn't know this was...' Your voice tailed off as you began to cry. You had been through so much these past few days, you were malnourished, your ex had been unfaithful, you were stranded on this island with no way off, and now you had been almost killed by a giant bird. You just couldn't take it anymore. The tears came in full force.

This took Revali off guard, and he felt a small spark of sympathy for you, something he had not felt in a long time. However, knowing how bad he was at these types of situations, he decided to change the subject. 'How did you get here anyway?' He asked. This also came out harsher than he had originally intended. By this point, you had forced yourself to look up at him with your sorrowful, heartbroken (e/c) eyes. He had his wings folded, awaiting your answer.

You just shook your head. You didn't have the energy for this. 'It doesn't matter anymore.' You mumbled, attempting to run away but ended up stumbling meekly.

'Whoa! Hey!'

Just as you were about to topple over, you were caught in a pair of soft but strong wings.

'You can't go anywhere like this! Firstly, you are but a flightless Hylian with no way off of this island, second of all, you are completely malnourished! How irresponsible can one be?!'

'I'm sorry...' you mumbled, tears permeating your eyes once again.

~ 1 hour later ~

You were now sitting on the sand by a fire with Revali, who had stayed silent ever since your outburst. He had just instructed you to stop, and to eat at least something. You had both been snacking on palm fruits and roasted porgy, in an awkward silence. Although your body felt much physically better, your mental state had not improved in the slightest.