PUMP UP THE VOLUME

𝐏𝐔𝐌𝐏 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐄

"stay peachy, folks!"

PREAMBLE

NO ONE KNOWS where or when Renegade popped up. One Sunday evening, he just appeared. And everyone accepted him to be their voice of reason. Every Sunday, at nine-thirty P.M. sharp, a podcast was uploaded to staypeachy.com, featuring an hour dedicated to Renegade's ground-breaking rants of their small town, Chesterfield. His voice, clearly disguised with a voice modulator, influenced all those who listened to speak up and become inspired to let the world hear their roar. He was leading a revolution against the status quo and it didn't seem like he was stopping any time soon. While some of the adults were concerned, none of them thought of it as more than some podcast their angst-ridden children found in an attempt to find their place in the world. There was no real harm in letting Renegade continue his podcasts.

That is, until Renegade's new segment "ThirdEye" arrived. In the last five minutes of September twenty-third's show, a morbid prediction was made: Adam Sheridan, student council president, school track star, and Chesterfield's it boy, was to die. The only clue to the body's whereabouts would be found in a riddle provided by Renegade himself: "He will be found in the place that always runs but never walks, often murmurs, never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a mouth but never eats. Can you save poor Adam from his fate?"

Although taken aback by the comment, most chalked it off as some dumb prank, despite Renegade never pulling a stunt like this before. Many others did not. Some replayed the podcast to their parents, others called the police and several others tried to figure out the riddle themselves. Only fourteen were successful, and thirteen found the location.  At the Clearwater River, the bloodied body of Adam was waiting for them... as well as the police.

Now they've found themselves in a conundrum. Not only do they have to prove their innocence, discovering Renegade is the only thing on their minds. There is one thing they are certain of: the murderer is among them and he (or she) is far from done just yet.

nemo sine vitio est

(no one is without fault)

DISCLAIMER

this book will include mature
themes,    underage   drinking,
graphic depictions of violence
&  gore, explicit language and
possible     verbal      and
physical abuse!

CARTER SPEAKS!
hey there my friends! so this is my first time writing in a longg time so bear with me here. i'm super duper hyped to start this though. its always been an idea in my mind but i've never actually written it out until a sleep-deprived, caffeine-driven frenzy convinced me to write the  plot and characters for this all in one night, so here we are.

this will not be an apply fic, so sorry to be the breaker of bad news, but once i get this up and running i might go for one because i already have some ideas ;) so  keep a look out for that.

much love,

carter.