Prologue

Let me start by telling you a story, a story about happiness and sadness, about love and hate, falling in love, falling out of love, heartbreak and moving on. This is a story that might sound familiar or maybe you never heard it. My name is Luna, Luna Mikaelson Winchester and this is my story.

My story starts on the very day I was born. I was born on an October night, it was a storm, a storm people would talk about for centuries. People would remember this night to be the very night that everything changed, because not only was I born, but a power that would hide in me for years would also be born with me. That power would be the reason for many future events.

I was a mistake, not planned, not wanted. I was the making of a one night stand that went wrong, and my parents never let me forget it. My parents hated me, they let me know that the day they found out that I existed. My mother almost killed me, but my father convinced her otherwise. His morals wouldn't let him kill an innocent and even though he hated me, I was innocent. So my mother had to stand me for nine months.

And that takes us to the day I was born. That storming night in October. My mother had been in labour for twenty hours and after those twenty hours, I was finally welcomed to the world. Not cause it was a happy welcome but it was welcome. But this day that was supposed to be happy and joyful, turned ugly fast. When my mother woke up from her rest after the birth, she looked at me for the very first time. This moment was supposed to be the moment my mother finally falls in love with me, where she starts to adore me. But that wasn't the case this time. This time, this very moment, is the moment my mother decides that I was not worthy of life. And that's where my father comes into the picture. He saved me, not because he loved me, but because his morals wouldn't let him. But my mother still wants me dead, so she gave him an ultimatum, either he kills me or she kills herself. Father still following his morals, chooses me and my mother commits suicide.

After that, I spend four years with my father, unloved and abused. My father was a strict man. He wanted me to be a soldier, a warrior without mind and for a long time, I thought that was life. I thought this was love, this was a family, but I soon found out that this is not life or love. By the time that I was four I had mastered the bow and arrow, guns were not my thing, I was more into the martial arts, like swordplay. But not even that mad my father proud. I was alone with a man who did not love me, even though I was his daughter. We moved from hotel to hotel, I didn't have a home, I didn't know what a home was, cause I had never had a home. My father ruined me without me even knowing, but that change the day I turned five.

I woke up alone in that hotel room and for me that was normal, but this time felt different. I waited on him, I waited for hours, but he never came. I was alone, actually alone and deep down I knew that my father, that son of a bitch would never return. Why would he? He hated me, he wished that I was dead, that I was never born, that I never existed, to begin with. But I waited and waited till someone finally came. A maiden came to clean the room, but instead of only finding a dirty room with an unmade bed, she found me too. A little girl in the corner, shivering and hungry.

She called the police and soon the sheriff turned up. That sheriff took me to the station and took care of me for the night, but he could keep me around for forever. So I was put into the system and moved from foster family to foster family.

But one day, when I was six, a man walked into my foster families house and asked to adopt me. That man was Niklaus Mikealson, a man who would form me, make me the person I am today. The only man to deserve the title father. Others saw him as a monster, a psychopath, some times even a sociopath. But to me, he was the greatest man to ever walk this earth.

This is the story of Luna Mikaelson. This is my story.