Falling, Fallen: Episode 1

Disclaimer: The story is entirely a work of fiction. The names, characters, and incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or localities is entirely coincidental.I do not own Tomorrow X Together and any of the kpop idols used in the story. Everything in the story is entirely fictional and doesn't mean to send hate to any of the models. Hopefully, you'd enjoy rereading the novel. 

"Would you listen to me then?" Yeonjun asked------ "No, you wouldn't because you'll make a dramatic scene," he spat. "You don't know me at all; if you think I'd make a dramatic scene because you wanted space, Choi Yeonjun," You ranted. "You know what, Hwang Y/N, why don't we stick to our remaining strangers' vow?" Yeonjun spat----- "I'll gladly love that," You replied.

"Guys, do you think two best friends can pretend to be strangers?" Shin-Young retorted----- "I'm willing to; if it means staying away from each other," You and Yeonjun spat. "You two are hurting each other by pretending not to care for one another," Shin-Young said.

You and Yeonjun looked at each other--------- "I don't care for her," Yeonjun said. "Yeonjun, h-how could you say that?" Shin-Young queried------ "You two used to be so close, so what's going on?" Shin-Young implored.

Yeonjun stood there, not saying anything, "Shin-Young, don't bother with him!" You said and grabbed her hand------ "Let's take the bus," she said. "No, I'm walking home, besides I don't want to see him," You uttered and walked away from Yeonjun.

Yeonjun:

I watched as she walked away-----I know I'm hurting her and myself, but I don't want her to know I've fallen for her. I don't want to deal with rejection or drive a wedge between our friendship.

I need space away from her to think about all of this-----if I figure out my feelings for her are genuine, then we could be together. 'Please don't hate me, y/n-ah,' I murmured. A tear rolled down my cheek, and I instantly wiped it away because I felt a pang of guilt.

When I said I don't care for her-----it was a lie. I cared so much about her that I'm terrified to tell her my blossoming feelings for her. I need to understand what these stupid feelings mean, and can I dare confess to her without my fear of rejection getting in the way?

I sighed deeply and walked to my friends------ "Yo, Choi Yeonjun?" Wooyoung called out as he and San walked towards me. "Why didn't you wait for us?" San asked------ "I'm sorry, but I want to think," I answered.

"Why?---How come I didn't see y/n?" Wooyoung asked----- "She walked home with Shin-Young, please don't mention her name anymore to me," I said. "Why not?" San asked------ "We're not best friends, and she's nothing but a stranger to me," I retorted.

"You and Y/N are childhood best friends---How come you say that about her?" Wooyoung asked----- "Why don't you ask yourself tomorrow?" I uttered. "Can you please stop talking about her?" I pleaded, and they nodded. However, I know that they wanted to know why I referred to y/n as a stranger and said she means nothing to me.

'I'm genuinely sorry, Hwang Y/N,' I muttered inaudibly. I know you'll hate me because of the words I said, but I'll make it to you someday-----' I promise you,' I thought.

****

You bid farewell to Shin-Young--- "Y/N, please promise you won't take what Yeonjun said to heart?" Shin-Young uttered----- "Don't worry, Shin-Young-ah; I've already forgotten about it," You answered.