Falling, Fallen: Episode 2

Disclaimer: The story is entirely a work of fiction. The names, characters, and incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or localities is entirely coincidental. I do not own Tomorrow X Together and any of the kpop idols used in the story. Everything in the story is entirely fictional and doesn't mean to send hate to any of the models. Hopefully, you'd enjoy rereading the novel. 

You headed to the restaurant and saw Jina and Seung-Jun-----your aunt Jina waved at you, but you saw someone familiar sitting with them. Hyunjin grabbed your hand and dragged you towards your aunt and uncle.

You two greeted them----- "Y/N, I hope you didn't mind; we invited Yeonjun," Jina said----- "No, I don't mind at all," You answered. You looked at Yeonjun, and you two exchanged glances before asking your aunt and uncle to excuse both of you.

"Sure, y/n," she said---- You two left and went somewhere private----- "Do you need to follow me everywhere?" You asked. "I thought you bloody said you didn't care about me, Choi Yeonjun," You said.

"So why did you accept my aunt and uncle's invitation?" You questioned. 'Why the heck is he not answering me?' You thought---------------- "Hey, Choi Yeonjun!" You yelled, unaware that you were at the restaurant. You apologized to the customer, but that helped gain Yeonjun's attention----- "They called my brother Taejoon and asked if I could come to have dinner because you know we're-----best friends," he breathed.

"You could've refused because I don't want to see you," You uttered------ "I don't want to see you either, but we have to pretend for the sake of them not finding out," he said and walked away. You ruffled your hair in frustration---- "Are you bloody kidding me?" You muttered and went to the ladies' room to calm yourself down.

~~~~

"So, how have you been doing in school?" Jina asked, looking at you and Yeonjun------Yeonjun held your hand---- "We've been doing well; we're preparing for our graduation," Yeonjun said, making you nod in agreement.

The entire night, he continues holding onto your hand------you felt awkward because you know it's all a show Yeonjun is playing in front of your aunt and uncle. Hyunjin notices your awkward smiles----but kept himself from asking, 'What's going on with you and Yeonjun?' he thought.

****

Your aunt and uncle dropped Yeonjun, You, and Hyunjin off------"We'll go to the amusement park next Saturday, so we'll try to free up our schedule," Seung-Jun said. "Okay," You all said------you guys bid farewell one last time, and they drove away.

"Hyunjin, can you go inside?" You asked, making your younger brother nod-------He went inside, and you turned around------ "Why did you have to hold my hand at the restaurant?" You implored. He walked towards you----- "Why do you think I did it because I care for you?" He sneered.

"I know you don't care for me, but putting on a show makes me so confused," You said, murmuring the last sentence. "Y/N, or stranger, don't try to talk to me tomorrow at school because I won't answer," he spat.

"I don't care because I won't bother you anymore," You yelled------He walked towards you without you moving an inch----- "If Wooyoung asks you tomorrow, tell him I ended our friendship, not you," he asserted.

"No, I'm not going to lie to him," You answered------ "Whatever, do as you please, stranger," he spat and walked away. You watched as he walked off in the distance----- 'What happened to you, Choi Yeonjun?' You thought.

"That was a harsh quarrel," Hyunjin said----- "How long have you been eavesdropping?" You retorted. "Noona, chill, I wanted to know why you two were so awkward at the restaurant?" he said-------- "It's n-nothing, that concerns you," you answered.

Hyunjin held your hand, making a teardrop from your eyes------ "Y/N, Noona, I know you're hurting because you and Yeonjun had been best friends since childhood," Hyunjin said. "It hurts to end things when you don't know why your childhood best friend changed," he said------ "Give it time, I know you two would talk it out," Hyunjin said.

You didn't say anything making your brother engulf you into a hug-----you sobbed silently on his shoulder. You didn't want to show your vulnerable side to your brother even when your parents missed your birthdays------you've always kept a strong face and smile on your face.

Hyunjin patted your back----- "Y/N, Noona, be strong; you've always told me things would pass if we stay strong," Hyunjin said. "I know Yeonjun cares for you, so give it time, and he'd explain why he's been acting this way," Hyunjin comforted.

You felt safe hearing your brother's words-----you two stayed hugging each other like that for forty-five minutes. Little did you know that Yeonjun had been watching you two and listening to your conversation.

'I'm so sorry for hurting you,' he murmured as his eyes got teary------he walked home while tears streamed down his face. Yeonjun felt a pang of guilt in his heart because he'd never wanted to make a teardrop from your eyes, but today he's the cause of it.

He was genuinely sorry because he couldn't stand seeing you cry-----Yeonjun wanted to hug you and comfort you, but he'd walked away like a coward because he feared you might reject him.

****

Next Morning

Y/N:

I woke up as my alarm went off------I groaned because I didn't want to go to school today. I got up nonetheless and grabbed my towel; before I saw a note on my nightstand.

Y/N, Noona, please keep a smiling face and stay strong.

It should pass, and you and Yeonjun would become best friends. Stay Strong!

Love, Hyunjin.

I smiled and put the note in my bag; before heading to the bathroom to do my morning routine. After I finished doing my morning routine-----I ran downstairs and saw that Mrs. Jin made breakfast for me.

I devoured it and headed to the bus stop; before I missed it. I saw Shin-Young; "Shin-Shin," I called out, and she turned around. "Someone's in a good mood today," she said------ "Yeah, all thanks to Hyunjin," I answered.

****

Shin-Young and I walked out of our Chemistry class-----after bidding farewell to Ms. Kwon---- "I swear to god, my head hurts from so many assignments in this class," Shin-Young said with a dramatic tone. I sling my arm around her shoulder------ "We could do our assignments together after school," I said, making her nod.

"Y/N?" Wooyoung called out, and I turned around-----saw him walking towards me in a hurry. "Y/N, c-can we talk?" he said, breathing heavily, and I nodded. "Go on ahead, I'll buy you food," Shin-Young said.

"Thanks, Shin-Shin," I said----she nodded and walked away from Wooyoung and me ----"Shall we?" I said. Wooyoung took my hand in his, and we headed to the rooftop------ "What do you want to talk about, Wooyoung?" I asked.

He turned around, still holding onto my hand------ "What happened between you and Yeonjun?" Wooyoung queried------ "Why did he say you're nothing to him but a stranger?" he implored. "I don't know because your friend avoids me when I tried to talk with him and come up with lame excuses," I said.

"I confronted him and ended our friendship because he said I was a bother to him and he needed space for me," I said. "Y/N, I think it's best if you and Yeonjun talk things out; instead of ending your long-time friendship," Wooyoung said.

I would've replied, but-------- "I don't have anything to talk to her about," Yeonjun said.