SIX

"Hey." Aurelia said, walking into Alaric's hospital room. "Congratulations on attaining literal, physical humanity." She said with a smile, placing flowers on a table. "And since you're human, I realize you are pretty hungry." Alaric nodded. "So, I brought my special comfort food that I give no one." She said. He grinned.

"Yay." He said. "You're in a good mood."

"Because I fed right before coming." She said. "After about three days."

"Woah, isn't it dangerous?" He said. She shrugged.

"Safety precaution, since I'm in a hospital." She said, looking around. She walked towards him and popped a chocolate in his mouth. "It's dark chocolate, by the way." He frowned.

"I don't like dark chocolate."

"Well, it's healthy, so chew." She said, when Damon suddenly walked into the room, and began to fidget with all of the buttons. Aurelia frowned. "What are you doing, Damon?"

"I really don't think you should be playing with all that stuff." Alaric pointed out. The vampire simply ignored the human.

"Keep going, we are on a roll. All the terrible things I did to people that Elena cared about. Let's see. I turned Caroline into my personal blood juice box, I turned Matt's sister into a vampire and threatened to kill Bon-Bon a couple times." Damon said.

"More than a couple." Aurelia said.

"Subjective. Sometimes, I was being funny."

"And you killed Lexi at Stefan's birthday party." She added.

"Unfortunate coincidence."

"And you snapped Jeremy's neck after Elena said she'd never love you." Alaric said.

"On second thought, let's focus on all the charming, heroic things that were obliterated from my girlfriend's mind." Damon said.

"God, if I could take it all back, I would." Alaric stated, guilty.

"I know. And listen, despite my long list of dastardly deeds that involves killing you, I'm glad you're alive."

"Thanks, man." Damon tapped Alaric's shoulder harshly, making him groan in pain. "Although, had you actually died a vampire instead of becoming human again, your compulsion would've gone away, and Elena would've been mine again."

"Really heartfelt." Alaric stated sarcastically. "Appreciate it." Damon continued to play around with the machines.

"Hey, Damon, a little advice: you kill Ric this time, he's gone for good." Aurelia said. Damon pulled off the heart monitor from Alaric's finger, making the monitor flatline.

Jo walked in, confused by the constant noise. "Good Morning, Alaric. Aurelia." She greeted.

"Hey, Jo." The blonde said with a smile. "Heard you're a witch."

"I heard you're the Original Heretic." The black-haired doctor said. "You're pretty popular." Aurelia nodded, when she received a text.

Caroline:

COME ON WE NEED TO SORT OUT YOUR DRAWERS.

"Okay, my sister's calling." She said. "I gotta go."

!

Aurelia huffed, shutting her drawer as she finished sorting out the last of her things, when she heard a knock on the door. She turned her head to look at Stefan, who was leaning against the doorframe. "What are you doing?" She asked, turning around to lean against the dresser. "When I clearly told you that I want nothing to do with you, that includes not having you show up here unannounced." She walked towards the door and began to shut it, but he slid into the room.