Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of my mom shouting "Zhela! Get ready for school!" She was also banging on the door.
I instantly rolled out of my bed and opened the door.
"It's your first day back at school. You shouldn't  be late, so hurry up and get ready" she ordered.

"Thanks for waking me up" I replied lazily then walked into the bathroom to take a shower.
"It won't happen again" she replied.

I got dressed and fixed my black hair into a bun. I tried to look somewhat pretty today since it was my first day back so I should at least look like I enjoyed my holiday.

I walked out of my room after packing my bag and I went to join my mom who was now in the kitchen eating breakfast.

"How are you?" she asked looking at me straight in the eye.

"Why do you ask me that everyday when you know what my reply would be?" I asked with a sigh.

"I'm asking everyday in hopes of a change" she replied with a smile.

"I'm terrible" I replied.

She patted my head "You'll start feeling better when you're around your friends" she stated.

"Friends?" I asked with a scowl.

"Okay stop being like that and finish your breakfast, I'm off to work" she said as she stood up.

"Bye" I bid with a nod.

She flashed me one last smile then left.

My mom was the absolute best, it was unfortunate that she had a child like me.

I finished off my breakfast, and headed to school after locking the doors.

I entered my homeroom class and sat down. As soon as I saw my so called 'friends', I put on my headphones in hopes that they won't bother me.

"Hi Zhela!" Jade exclaimed as she sat on my table.
"Hi" I replied.

"Why do you always sound so unenergetic when you're talking to us?" Jasmine asked.

"Maybe because I don't want to talk to you" I answered.

"Funny as always" Tia replied with a laugh.

"Did you know that there's a transfer student?" Claire asked.

"Nope, and you know that I don't care about that" I stated.

"Anyway, I heard that it's a boy and he's hot" she mentioned with a wink.

"Not. Interested" I enunciated.

I know that I had a bad attitude towards them and it was because I thought that they were annoying. I don't even know how we became friends in the first place.

They sat down and started chatting among themselves until our homeroom teacher Ms.Wells walked in. There was a boy walking closely behind her.

"Good morning class!" she chirped.

"Good morning" students replied.

"Firstly, we have a new student" she announced.

The boy stepped up. I could hear the girls murmuring stuff like "he's hot".

"Hello everyone, my name is Death" he introduced.

"Oh what a cool name, I should've introduced myself like that" Gary joked.

"Is your name actually Death?" Claire asked.

"I'm just kidding, my name is Hade"

They nodded.