SEVEN

Aurelia looked at herself in the mirror, frowning at she looked at her messy, tangled hair.

Pain incoming.

The door of her dorm room burst open, making her jump as she turned around and saw Damon walk into her room. "What is happening?" She asked, as Damon walked to one of the drawers and opened it.

"You, our dear hybrid friend—" She cut Damon off.

"What do you want from me?" She asked with an unimpressed expression.

"You are coming with us on a road trip." The older Salvatore said, throwing some clothes at her.

"Us?" She asked.

"Stefan, me, and Ric." She shook her head.

"But today's Friends-Giving." She said. He rolled his eyes. "No kidding, your girlfriend and my sister are shopping for the turkey."

"Great, now come with us to Oregon." He said, making her eyes widen.

"What's in Oregon?"

"The Gemini Coven, or something like that." She looked at her feet. "See, I knew you knew something."

"What brought this on?" She asked.

"When Bonnie and I were stuck in 1994, she had a teddy bear when she was young—"

"Miss Cuddles?" Aurelia said. "Caroline's told me loads about burying the bear."

"So, Miss Cuddles came here, from there." He said with a grin.

"..."

"No reaction?"

"Well, I don't know where you're going—"

"Bonnie's alive, is where I'm going." Aurelia looked at him in surprise. "So, we're going to go trace the family of a psychopathic murdered that was put in a prison world—"

"Oh my God." She said. "You were stuck in a prison world with Malachai Parker?" She asked in horror.

"You know him?" He asked, making her groan.

"Um, yes." She said hesitantly. "I have ties to him and his family."

Alaric suddenly walked in, making her look at him. "Aurelia, you're supposed to be ready by now."

"I-I can't." She said. "The Gemini Coven... it'll be a dead end." She said quickly.

"And how would you know that?" The professor asked.

"Um, because I was the first to be exiled from it?"

!

"The Gemini Coven's an age-old coven of witches that basically control a lot of what's going on." Aurelia explained. "I was born into the family that was a major part of it. Since I was the first siphon, or mistake, as they would say, I was exiled from it when I was 12. My mom made sure I was part of the family, but I wasn't in with all the magic."

"And?" Damon asked.

"It's- it's scary, Damon." She said. "There have been practices, and certain things that I hated about it. I hoped that my children wouldn't be forced into it, but they were. My daughter, Karissa, died in the process, and my son, Adam, continued the bloody thing."

"Then why can't you come?"

"I don't know what's going on with them, now." She said. "But either way, I just... can't. It'll be too much for me." She apologetically looked between Alaric and Damon. "I'm sorry. I can't go with you guys."