EIGHT

Aurelia sighed, looking at her feet as she closed her eyes. She ran her hand through her hair, when Caroline and Liz walked into the dorm room. "Hey, 'Lia." Caroline said, frowning when she saw how depressed the older vampire was. "What's up?"

"I don't know whether I should fly out to Canada to go see Karissa for Christmas, or stay here." Aurelia said with a pout. "She can't come because she can't take leave for so many days."

"Well, at least someone's talking about Christmas." Liz said. Aurelia frowned and turned around, looking at her in surprise.

"Aunt Liz, what are you doing here? You told me you were back home in the morning." She said, standing up. Liz smiled.

"What? I can't surprise you two?" She asked, gesturing between the sisters. Aurelia smiled. "Okay, Caroline has some apparent errands to run, so you and me are gonna be decorating your room."

!

"Oh, wow, that's actually a lot of decorations." Aurelia pointed out, walking into her room. "How did you get all of these here so fast?" She asked.

"Hey, uh, I didn't know which ones to get, so I got both." Aurelia turned around to see Stefan walk into the room, two boxes of light in hand.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Your, uh, mom?" He began, looking over to Liz.

"Yeah, pretty accurate." She said.

"Yeah, so your mom wanted me to get Christmas lights." He said. Aurelia slowly turned around, looking at Liz as if to ask her why she told Stefan of all the people to do it.

"You have a huge dorm, so I thought we could use an extra pair of hands." Liz said. Aurelia glared at her, earning a glare back. Once she finally admitted defeat on the stare down, she turned to Stefan, who simply held up both boxes. She rolled her eyes.

"The little ones would look better." She said. He looked at the box with the small lights. "Now, get to it. I like decorating, and I'm in no mood to take my time to do it."

Her phone suddenly rang, and she picked it up, smiling as she placed it next to her ear. "Hey, Mom."

"Hi, Sweetheart." She said. "Slept well?"

"Sort of. I slept late, and I woke up early because I'm a morning person."

"Something you got from me." She said, looking at Liz, who gestured for her to continue with the call. She smiled, before walking towards her bed. "Okay, I still don't know if I can come over, sweetie." She said.

"Yeah, I was calling to tell you that. There's been a lot going on in the hospital, so it'll be a lot of late night-shifts." Aurelia sighed.

"So, I can't come, can I?"

"I'll miss you a lot. I really hoped we could spend Christmas together."

"Well, I'll try and see you soon, okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll try and fly over."

Stefan looked at Liz in confusion. "Who is she talking to?" He mouthed. Liz smiled.

"Daughter." He looked at her in surprise, only for her to nod. He looked at Aurelia, who still had a smile on her face.

"Okay, I love you. Bye." She hung up, only for her phone to ring again. She groaned and picked it up. "Hello, Damon. What do you want?"

"Is Jo with you?" He asked. Aurelia frowned

"No, she isn't. Why?"

"Maybe because Kai took her." Her eyes nearly popped out of her head.