Snowed In

• Gewidmet ★ вℓα¢к ѕнυ¢к gнσѕт ★ { вεωαяε тнε вαяgнειsт } || { ¢αℓℓ мє ѕнυ¢к }

A/N: SO I just now realized that I thought this story was my idea but it actually wasn't my idea. And so I dedicated this to 

★ вℓα¢к ѕнυ¢к gнσѕт ★ { вεωαяε тнε вαяgнειsт } || { ¢αℓℓ мє ѕнυ¢к } 

from goodreads because she's actually the one who came up with the idea, and I accidentally wrote a short story with her idea and I feel super awful about it. But I also really enjoyed writing this so... Anyway, I would like to thank her for the idea and apologize for accidentally taking the idea. 

~Kaden

Kaden was probably the only man on earth that didn't mind working on Christmas Eve. As much as his younger sister wanted him to stay home, he knew that if he wanted to be able to afford the next month's rent of his apartment, he'd need to work as much as he possibly could which included Christmas Eve. He got paid double to work until 6 PM, which really wasn't bad at all. So of course, he wasn't going to complain.

"Good morning!" He sang as he opened the door. Of course, nobody was in there yet, but Kaden didn't really care. He took off his mittens, scarf, and coat and turned on the radio, humming happily to himself. He preferred not to worry about his problems, even if he had quite a few. After his mom had passed away, he'd become the legal guardian for his younger sister. They'd already been pretty poor, but now it was even worse, since Kaden had to drop college and work full time at the shop. He'd do anything for his sister though.

As the sun came up, people slowly drifted into the shop. They might not have been working, but they came to hang out, drink some coffee or hot chocolate, exchange gifts, or put a secret santa gift under the Christmas Tree. The town was so small that everyone knew everyone and it was great. 

"Hey, Mel-Bel," Kaden grinned as his younger sister walked into the shop, all bundled up in her fluffy pink bubble jacket and bright green scarf. "Hot chocolate?" he asked, getting a cup.

"Four marshmallows!" Melody replied, clumsily climbing onto one of the stools and holding out four of her small fingers. 

"Of course!" Kaden chuckled and plopped four marshmallows into the cup, setting it down in front of her. 

"Can I go to Mable's house while I wait for you to come home?" Melody asked, her eyes so huge that Kaden just couldn't refuse.

"Only if it's okay with Mable's parents," he nodded. Mable lived in the apartment right above theirs, so at least she wouldn't be leaving the building. 

Melody grinned excitedly and jumped down from the stool, immediately running to Mable and her parents who were sitting at a booth to tell them the news. Mable's parents nodded happily and Melody ran back the counter, ducking underneath the counter so she could get to where Kaden was making coffee. "They said yes!" she informed him, hugging him tightly. "Thank you!" she giggled and Kaden beamed. This was why he worked every day. He loved seeing Melody's beautiful smile. When his sister was happy, he was happy too. 

"You're welcome, Mel-Bel," Kaden leaned down and kissed the top of her head. "Now go finish your hot chocolate before it gets too cold!" he ruffled her blonde, curly hair lightly and Melody nodded, going back to the other side and sitting in her stool. 

The door chimed as more people came inside, the laughing and singing making the work so much easier. By the time noon came around, the place was deserted. Kaden cleaned up and sat in the stool, sipping a cup of coffee as he tried to keep himself occupied. He doubted anybody else would come around for the rest of the day, especially since it had begun to snow, but he was too loyal to leave now.