Chapter 1: The adventure starts

Midoriya's POV

He waves farewell to his mother as he leave their cottage. She smiles while waving, tears falling down her cheeks.

"I promise to return, Mum!" He calls out. She grins, the tears still falling.

He races forward, a grin spreading on his face.

Izuku disappears into the forest. The dirt on the path compacts beneath his feet as he moves forwards.

His confident pace is stopped an hour later when he sees two figures on the path. He decides to go meet them.

As he darts to them, a stone he hadn't noticed stops his boot. He falls forwards, the contents of his satchel spilling out onto the path. He lands painfully on his elbows. Izuku huffs out a breath, annoyed at his clumsy nature.

"Are you okay?" A girl asks. He lifts his head to see a beautiful sorceress offering a hand to help him up. Izuku blushes, embarrassed that he fell in front of two people who may have been able to help him on his journey. Hesitantly, Izuku lets his hand grab onto hers. She pulls him up, making sure he can find his feet before she lets go.

"Are you lost? I can't imagine another reason for one such as yourself to be in these parts." She states, looking thoughtful.

"No, I'm- I'm not lost!" Izuku stammers, his face reddening even more.

"Well, what's your name, traveller? I'm Ochaco Uraraka!" She beams.

"Izuku Midoriya." He replies.

"Ochaco, what are you doing?" A knight runs forward, his sword out of it's scabbard. When he sees the relaxed posture of the two, he relaxes.

"Greetings, traveller. I see you have met Ochaco. I am Tenya Iida, another traveller like yourself. Who might you be?" He speaks. Izuku raises his head from its hunched position.

"Izuku Midoriya."

Tenya gives a small smile, and offers Izuku a hand to shake.

"Pleasure to meet you, Izuku Midoriya. What brings you to these parts?"

Izuku pauses for a second, thinking about what he should tell the knight. He decides to go with the truth.

"There has been news from the south. Apparently, an attack has been planned. I wish to help Toshinori, the brave hero at the front lines! He hasn't received word of the attack, so I'm going to tell them!" He announces. Tenya looks shocked, and Ocacho looks excited.

"An adventure! I'll join you!" She cries out. The knight sighs.

"I'm going wherever Ocacho goes. Count me in." He agrees, his tone more annoyed than Izuku would have liked.

"Let's go!" Izuku cries out.

"Shouldn't we pick up everything that fell first?" The sorceress questions. He blushes.

"Yeah, we... We probably should." He blushes with the embarrassment of forgetting about spilling everything from his pack.

"Come on, then! The sooner we pick this up, the sooner we can get going!" Tenya announces. He was clearly perfect for commanding. His dedication to the rules, and his pure love of helping others makes him a perfect companion.

Izuku grins at the knight, happy that he was going to adventure with such a confident person.

"You're right, Tenya. Let's start!"