1 - "Thanks."

It's the summer of 2021. The Hot California sun flashes before my eyes and glistens my tan skin. I was wearing a black bikini, it showed my figure.
There was families at the beach, seagulls flying across the sky, plus the smell of the crashing ocean woke up my senses causing me to smile in relaxation. I laid under the umbrella as i was scrolling through instagram on my phone. Then suddenly, a beach ball bumps on my leg causing me to turn around.

"Ashley! What are you doing? Play with us!!"
I smiled. I should start being active and not let my friends down.
"Coming!" I set my phone down on my towel and grabbed the ball.
I threw the ball up and hit it hard causing the ball to go over the net.

"Mine!"
"NO MINE!!"
The ball then hits the net causing us to scream in excitement.
"So.. i have great news." Hayley winked.
"What??" Jazzy asked.
"There's this concert that's going to be held here at the beach and TRAVIS SCOTT IS PERFORMING!!" Hayley screamed in excitement.

"Oh shit, for-real !?" My jaw dropped in the news.
"AND I GOT US VIP TICKETS TO SEE HIM BACKSTAGE!!" She winked and laughed.
"Oh my god.." Me and Jazzy said in unison.
We all laughed and continued to play volleyball til they left together.

"You sure you don't want to go home with us?"
I shook my head, "It's fine, go on ahead. I'll text you when i get home."
They nodded and headed back to their car. I packed up my towel til i felt a tap on my back. I spun around to see a guy with a nice looking face.

"Aye, you alone?" He asked.
I didn't like his tone, something about this dude is suspicious . Not to mention even though he got a nice face, his vibe felt off.
I lied and said, "No my friends are at the bar. I have to go sorry." I picked up my towel and walked past him only to be greeted by 2 other guys.

"Where you going beautiful?" I backed away slowly, not knowing what to do. They both grabbed my arms viciously. I screamed loudly for someone to hear me, but no one was around til..

"Aye, get your hands off of her." a voice was heard, i looked behind the 2 boys to see a guy roughly pushing the boys off of me.

"Who the fuck are you? Never mind that, let's see you get your ass beat."
One of the boys swung a hard punch; missing, the guy dodged it and hit him back causing him to fall off his back.
"Watch out!!" i yelled. The 2nd boy snuck behind him, causing him to turn around and getting hit. He got up and fought back.

"Let's get the fuck out of here." The 3 boys ran off quickly. I walked towards the stranger seeing blood on his lips.
"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.
"Haha, i'm fine. Are you okay?" He emphasized.
"I'm fine but you're bleeding and you have a bruise. Follow me."
He got up and brushed himself off, "I'm fine it's okay." He smiled.
*Oh.. His smile is.. nice. No. Stop. He's a stranger.*
"You got some moves but for-real. Follow me." I grabbed his hand and dragged him to a bench.

"I'm gonna be back. Stay here." I ran quickly to a CVS store buying a first aid kit.

"You know you doing too-" I cut him off, "Hush. I'm giving in return for saving my life." I grabbed a cotton ball and poured in some alcohol on it. I dabbed it on his lips, he flinches at my movement.
At this moment, i didn't know what the hell i was doing. His eyes was hazelnut brown, just as his curls glisten from the sun's rays.
I wasn't paying attention til he shook me on my shoulders.
"Yo, you good?"
My dumb ass decided to stutter because of my embarrassment.
"I-I'm fine." I grabbed a small bandaid and placed it on his plump pink lips.
"Thanks, hey i didn't catch your name?"
"Ashley." I responded, packing up the first aid kit.
"Jabez, give me your phone." I looked at him confused.
"Jabez? You go to Westfield High-school?"
"Oh yeah, you go too?" He looks at me with a surprised look.
"Yeah.. i never met you before but i recognized your name." He chuckles and i handed him my phone. He typed in something and gave it back.
"My number, instagram and snapchat. Don't leave me on read." He chuckles.

"Alright pretty boy." I chuckled also.
*Hold up. What the fuck am i doing.*
"Anyway's, i'm heading out. See ya." I spun quickly trying to avoid any more eye contact.
"Wait." He grabbed my arm. I turned around, his brown honey eyes brighten, he flashed a smile saying,

"Thanks."

-xoxoxo