Chapter 1~ Peace....for now

I'm walking down the palace halls with my older sister, Adriana. We both are in line to be the future queens in the Kingdom of Heriam. Heriam is where hybrids live, so no one will be judged for loving a different monster. I don't like living here because my mother always nags me to find a lover. She wants me to find a lover, so I can be a ruler of a kingdom someday.

    My sister and I were  walking through the halls to do our morning duties, when we see our parents, King Shelly and Queen Momo. They wave to signal us to come them. My mother touches my cheek and says, "Alex today is your 20th birthday. You might find someone to love today!"

    I give my mom a look. The only reason why I haven't found that special someone is because people think I'm mortal. People think I'm a mortal when I'm not, but my parents want me safe from people who think anyone too powerful should die. My parents say that people would kill me just because I'm too powerful. Shouldn't that be a good thing? I could serve my people. But no, people think I'm dangerous.

    My mom waves her hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts. She says, " Alex, I know you can’t say that you're a monster, but you can find the person you love without that." My sister pitches in, "Alex, I know you can find them, you just have to believe!" I give my sister a look and say sarcastically, "Really, all you got to do is believe... Yeah, I'm going to believe that one day you'll stop pressuring me to find a person to marry!"

    My mom sighs and says, "Ok, fine. Let's just go to the ballroom to get the party ready!" My family and I start going to the ballroom, but what we didn't notice was that behind one of the doors, General Coop was eavesdropping and heard everything.

    While my family an I are walking to the ballroom, I see Nathan, my best friend, who is training in the courtyard. He is a guardian angel who works for General Coop.I try to sneakily walk away from my family and go to him. I go behind him and tap his shoulder, and he tried to attack me! I tried to duck but I just got hit on the head.

    I fell hard on my back right onto the stone floor. I yell, "NATHAN IT WAS JUST ME!" He rolls his eyes and says, "Well you need better reflexes, or else this would've never happend." I chuckle and say, "Ok, well are you training to attack the princess, because you get an A!" He smirks and says "Yeah, General ordered us to kill you. I think it'll be great without you in the way of my training! Plus, no one cares for a mere mortal!"

      Adriana shoots an arrow and it flies right passed Nathan's face. She says, "Nathan that's not how you treat a princess. Now, you two love birds-" Nathan and I look at each other and say in unison, "That's disgusting!" My sister sighs and says, "JUST go where you're supposed to be..." Nathan and I look at each other and say our goodbyes.

      I start to run to the ballroom. I could see Adriana scolding Nathan in the corner of my eye. I was about to open the ballroom doors, until I was roughly pushed into a dark room.