Something's not right

(Keith's P.O.V.)

I open my eyes, looking around my room, slightly panting.

"Paladins! Make your way to the Lions in 15 doboshes!"

I hear Allura's voice over the intercom. I stand up, sighing. This is the fifth night that I have gone without any sleep, and I have no idea why. I had been trying to fall asleep, but I was haunted with visions that I can't explain. I walk to where I had left my armor, which is in a pile on the floor. I pick it up, and start getting dressed into it. I can feel the bags under my eyes, and I can barely focus on anything but the screams from my dreams. They're still ringing in my ears as I make my way down the hallway, and past everybody else's rooms.

(Lance's P.O.V)

I shoot up, Allura's announcement ringing through my ears. I frown. It takes a moment for her words to sink in, and I take the cucumbers off of my eyes. Then I dash out of bed towards my bathroom, and begin carefully removing my face mask. I'm pretty sure I'll be the last one to get to my Lion, but whatever. My skin is important to me. Not more important than saving the universe, sure, but it seconds.

Soon enough, probably ten-twenty minutes later, I'm in my paladin armor, racing down to Red. The door opens, and Red is waiting for me, with her mouth open, crouching down to let me in.

I smile, and run up the ramp, sitting down and activating her. I guide her out of the castle, and meet the other Lion's outside.

(Keith's P.O.V.)

I'm sitting in my Lion, partially asleep by the time Lance finally decides to join us. I'm tempted to make a snide comment about his complexion, but decide against it. I don't know if I have the energy to do that.

I close my eyes and clench my fists as I begin hearing the screams from my dreams. They block out every other noise, and I can't hear anything else besides the chilling screams of innocent Alteans. I take a sharp breath in to calm myself.

"What, nothing to say?" Lance's voice breaks through the screams, cocky as ever. I'm almost grateful for his voice, just because he saves me from listening to the screams. I take a moment to compose my mind, and make sure to put a wall back over my emotions. I clear my throat and speak,

"I didn't think I'd need to make it so obvious. I'm sure everyone already knows how oblivious you are to anything but your looks." I widen my eyes as my voice cracks with exhaustion, and anguish. Shit shit shit shit shit! I think and close my eyes tightly. Please don't have noticed! Please! I'm starting to panic.

(Lance's P.O.V.)

I gasp at what Keith says, offended. "Well, at least I don't have a stupid mullet."

Hunk sighs in annoyance, and I huff. "Allura, why did you call us out here? I don't see any enemy ships."

I could hear Allura clap her hands together. "Exactly! Paladins, Shiro, Coran, and I have arranged an obstacle course to sharpen your skills and bond with your Lions!"

I lean backwards in my seat and groan along with the others. Pidge sighs over the com. "Fine, where is this obstacle course going to be Allura?"

"Do you see the planet below us?"

"Yes..."

"That is where we are going."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Hey guys! So, if you don't know Olimavivi, go follow her now! She helped me with this story, and she does Lance's P.O.V.! She's awesome at writing, and another part will be out shortly! <3)

Word count: 619