Hope

In kindergarten We were taught to respect each other. In Sunday school I learned to respect elders. I'm a 17 year old teenager almost an adult and until today I never knew that respecting adults could bring so much joy.
Sitting in the bus staring out of the window I wonder what the rest of my day would be like. I recall past moment of pain and joy..... there in front of me stands an old lady and all I wanted to do was give her my seat. Knowing I would have to stand all the way home I tapped her. She looked at me anxiously. Usually a tap in the bus means trouble. I got up and offered her my seat. She smiled at me and said she was getting down in the next hault and she thanked me. It was a genuine thank you and her eyes were filled with gratitude. Until she got down she kept on turning back and thanking me for offering her my seat. Until it was time for her to leave she had a smile on her lips which I hope would last forever.

Then it got me thinking what made me do it? I don't know maybe it was my hearts command or maybe it just happened. But now that it did I'm not expecting to be treated the same way. But at least I have hope that maybe in another 30 years from now one kind soul would offer me a seat in the bus. But like I mentioned earlier I'm not expecting anything I'm just hoping. Hope..... that's all I need.