TEN

Aurelia frowned, opening her eyes at the sound of noise coming from outside her room. She sat up in her bed, before rubbing her eyes and walking downstairs quietly, so as to not wake Liz and Caroline up.

She looked towards the back door, where she heard the sound of rapping on the door. She frowned, before walking towards it, only to widen her eyes in horror at the sight of Colin Phelps with blood all over his shirt. She opened the door as he staggered inside. "C-Colin?"

"What the hell did you do to me?" He asked.

!

Aurelia looked at the small rays of the early morning light creeping through the spaces in the curtains, before glancing at the unconscious Colin on her couch.

The front door opened, revealing Stefan as she whirled around, letting out a breath of relief. "Stefan." She said.

"Hey." He said.

"Aunt- Mom and Caroline are still sleeping." She said softly, only to hear footsteps coming from upstairs.

Soon enough, a groggy and sleepy Caroline walked downstairs. "What's going on?" She asked with a yawn, before her eyes landed on Colin. "Who's he?" She asked. Aurelia turned to him.

"Colin Phelps." Stefan said. "The guy you healed." Aurelia nodded. "What happened?"

"I-I don't know, Stefan." She said. "He was completely okay when we left him, wasn't he?"

"Well, clearly, he's not now." He said.

"Wait, didn't you compel him to forget everything after healing him?" Caroline asked. "How could he have found you?"

"I don't know." Was all Aurelia could say, when Stefan walked towards the man.

"What if this blood isn't his?" He asked. Aurelia looked at him in shock.

"What?" She asked in disbelief.

"Is there any chance your mom signed the house over to one of you?" He asked.

"Um, yeah, she signed it over to me." Caroline said, as he walked to the window, pulling away the curtains as the light hit Colin's skin.

His face began to burn as Aurelia looked at him in horror. "Oh my God."

"He's a vampire, which means, after you fed him your blood—"

"He died." She completed. "Oh shit." He frowned.

"Did you already feed Liz your blood?" He asked. Aurelia bit her lip, closing her eyes as she spun around, placing her hands on her head. "Aurelia."

"I did it."

!

Jo sighed, unable to restore a plant back to life with magic. She frowned, wondering how she was going to defeat Kai in the Merge within a month. She dropped the plant in the trash.

Elena looked at her new daylight ring, the replacement for her previous ring after Kai had melted it when he kidnapped her. "Well, in the magical win column, I just walked across campus without bursting into flames with the help of the ring that you spelled. So, there's that."

Suddenly the two women looked at Aurelia and Stefan, who walked into the hallway, half-carrying Colin. "Jo, we need your help, please." Aurelia said with desperation.

!

I had Duke send over Colin's medical records." Jo said, gesturing to several X-ray pictures on the wall. "This head scan," She pointed to the first one. "Is from a week ago." She then looked at the other picture. "This one is from ten minutes ago." She said. Aurelia grimaced at the difference. "See all that red?"