Terms and Conditions

1. The promoter of the competition is National Citizen Service Trust, a Royal Charter Body (number RC000894) whose registered office is at The Pembroke Building, Kensington Village, Avonmore Road, London, W14 8DG. ("NCS").

2. Employees of NCS or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up or administer the competition shall not be permitted to enter.

3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.

4. The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter can be found on the NCS Wattpad page: https://www.wattpad.com/user/NCS_Official

5. The competition opens on Wednesday 18th December 2019. The closing date for entries will be 23:59 on Saturday 29th February 2020. After this date, no further entries will be accepted. Entries submitted after that date and time will not be considered.

6. If you're aged 13 - 18 and have a 'No We Can' story, enter the competition for your chance to become a published writer in the NCS anthology. Alongside appearing in the anthology, winning stories will be repurposed as social content and used on NCS' social channels. Other entries may be used or repurposed by NCS.

7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.

8. The rules of the competition are set out in these terms and conditions and as follows:

To enter the competition, you must be aged 13-18 and write a 'No We Can' story that must be a maximum of 3,000 words and must tell a story about a "No We Can" moment or your interpretation of what "No We Can" means - this could be fiction or nonfiction.

Entrants must write the story on Wattpad, their own blog or website, or as a word document. Entrants must share the link or document with NCS via email. wattpad@ncstrust.org.uk

A panel of Wattpad writers and NCS [representatives] will choose the top 12 stories for the anthology and notify the winners. Criteria for judgement will be based on originality and creativity, and those that reflect the message of No We Can.

All content must be original to the entrant and not include any pictures or any blasphemy, references to sex, explicit language or references to drugs or alcohol [or be otherwise offensive, racist, abusive or breach the rights of any third party]. Your entry must not include any real names or protected information [i.e. name, date of birth, addresses, locational based contact details] to ensure anonymity and safeguarding.

All entrants grant an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence, in perpetuity to NCS to make use of the entry, as outlined in 6 above.

9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter's control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.

10. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.

11. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and NCS reserve the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.

12. Entrants must be residents of England or Northern Ireland. They do not need to have signed up to NCS in the past or future.

13. The winners will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date of the competition. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize by responding to said email within 7 days of notification, NCS reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.

15. The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The promoter also reserves the right to disallow any entrants that do not comply with these terms and conditions or the spirit of them.

16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.

17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales; any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.

18. Any personal data relating to the winner and all other entrants will only be used for the purposes of the competition and any wider related communications solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior written consent.

19. The outline identity of the winners will be available 28 days after the closing date by emailing the following address: wattpad@ncstrust.org.uk

20. For general enquiries please contact NCS via wattpad@ncstrust.org.uk

21. To the extent that NCS uses your information, NCS will do so in accordance with the Privacy Policy found at https://wearencs.com/privacy-policy.