School Bells and First Year Nutshells

[PILOT]

The sharp shadows cast by the students started to fade, diluted by the new born daylight. Droning of the school halls traffic broke the chorus of birds. In a classroom, sunlight shone under the door like a ghoul's grin, yet gave the shutters a halo of golden rays. Through the windows the light brightened the classroom, over taking the artificial lighting from the ceiling.
The students were brand new first years, recently accepted into the one and only UA Academy. They were class 1-A, the top leading band in their year. The monotone buzz of several voices hummed like an orchestra of deadbeat droids.
A single figure entered the room, sheer authority silencing the group.
"Baffle down, kids." A middle aged man hidden in a yellow sleeping bag demanded. He loomed over the desk in the front of the room. The students fell into a pit of confused and utter silence. "I'm your homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. Pleased to meet you."
The class shared one thought at that moment;
"HE'S OUR HOMEROOM TEACHER?!"
"If you're here to mess around or socialize, then get out. This is the hero course." The haggard-looking guy counseled.
He unzipped the bag and tossed it underneath the desk, but not before pulling out a wrinkled, shabby gym uniform. "Today, each homeroom teacher will lead their class through the entrance ceremony, guidance sessions and a test of the students quirks. We will skip to conducting the test of your quirks since time is a precious resource, and there's no need to waste it on that stuff if you want to become heroes."
The class had no choice but to obey their teacher. They scurried into the changing rooms, switching from class uniform to gym uniform.

***

"During middle school, you've done your standard no-quirks-allowed gym tests, like soft-ball throwing, the 50 meter dash, side to side stepping, etc." Aizawa affirmed. Class 1-A was currently standing in one of the many fields of UA, at the corner nearest to the gym building. Their homeroom teacher stood next to a meter count painted on the ground. "Saito." A young student, 5'5, with semi-pointy ears, gradient hair and a hue of golden orange and red eyes stiffened.
"Yes, sir!"
"How far could you throw a ball in middle school?"
"About sixty-two meters, sir!"
"Great. Now try it with your quirk. Do whatever you need to. Just don't leave the circle."
Saito Haku. Quirk: Shapeshifting — Transformation Quirk, this quirk allows him to transform into any animal/creature, extinct or imaginary. He uses sight to copy and paste the creature in his head.
Saito stepped into the imprinted white circle as Aizawa tosses him a high-durability training ball.
With a deep breath, his body began to emit wisps of silver grey smoke that danced through the air. A rich oaky smell permeated the area around the student as his body began to distort into a hulking figure.
Saito's innocent human form had shifted into that of a fairytale beast. This excited the students, some clamored while others 'oo'-ed in interest.
As he throws the ball, a powerful force of wind adds a more dramatic effect. Aizawa turns to the rest of the class holding a meter count. '903.2 M', it read.
"This school is all about free-style teaching and learning. So today, you will do your hardest to reach your best potential."