The Other Side

Y/N - Your Name
Y/N/N - Your Nick Name
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"..He's in here.."

   I thanked the nurse and nodded as I walked into the ICU room. I took a deep breath, listening to the steady beep of his heart monitor.

There he was. Him. Dean.

Covered in bruises and blood and gauze...

   I pulled a chair to the side of his bed and sighed, putting a hand over my eyes in attempt to not cry.

   Sam and Dean had left town three nights ago to help with a vamp case. Something had happened.. and Dean wasn't looking maybe... and had became vulnerable.

Long story short - He got attacked. Lost alot of blood.

   I wiped my face and laid my left hand in his right one. I sighed. "Sam's worried sick Dean..." I whispered.

Dean was a mess. Hooked to multiple wires and tubes.

   I watched his face, in hopes of a reaction. His face, relaxed and unmoving. I squeezed his hand a little. I almost fell to my knees, thinking of the worst.

    "Dean.. Dean if you can hear me... You're not alone. Okay? Im right here. Im here. A-and Sam he's getting Cas and Bobby..." I tell him, my voice cracked with every word that passed my lips.

A single tear fell down my cheek.

"D-dean do you remember what you told me, the day I decided to join the hunt? The day I decided to become a hunter?" I asked, and squeezed his hand in mine again.

   My eyes never left floor as I waited... praying... that Sam would get here quick.

"Dean you told me, You said that you'd be there for me" I choked; "and this is one of those moments where I need you here. Okay? So don't leave me yet... Okay?" I sobbed.

I had finally allowed myself to cry.

To finally fall apart.

I couldn't bare the thought of losing him.

   As I sat there, my hand, still in his; I felt his hand move. He flinched. I jumped a foot out of the chair I was in. "Dean!?" I almost screamed, my eyes were blurred from the tears that continued to fall. His eyes met mine. Green. Emerald green. He blinked and squeezed my hand.

He smiled.

"..Ive missed you so much..." Dean laughed, but it seemed as if he were talking to someone else.

Someone I couldn't see.

His eyes were watery. He squeezed my hand again.

"Dean im right here" I promised him. Trying to stay calm, I wiped my eyes. "Im not going anywhere" I told him.

But.. then I realized; he wasnt looking at me.

He had looked past me. I turned, but there was no one there.

" Hi mom " Dean whispered.

He blinked. And smiled.

  "Sam, Y/N, C-can you see it?" Dean asked. His eyes still on the ceiling. His face full of awe. Tears had fallen down his face.

My heart fell into my stomach.

Oh no.

  I squeezed his hand with one of mine, and then pulled my phone out to call Sam. He needed to get here now.

[[ << this is where i suggest you start to listen to the song >> ]]

The phone rang. I took a deep breath, but couldn't stop crying.

He said, I see my mama,
She looks about 23
She's running my way with the angels
Right next to Jesus
Yeah,
His eyes lit up

Sam picked up on the third ring.

  "Y/N?!" Sam yelled. He sounded anxious. I could hear the engine of the Impala speeding up.

"S-Sam I think this is it; I think he's dying" I sobbed, squeezing Dean's hand as he continued to stare at the white ceiling.

Sam told me to breathe, and to put him on speaker.

Dean turned and looked at me. His eyes clear and bright.

He said "I wish you could see it"

I felt my skin catch fire. As I sat back into my chair.

   Sam kept talking on speaker, but i couldn't focus. My heart skipped again. Deep down I knew there was nothing I could do.

Dean reached up and cupped my cheek.

Wiping my tears away.

Don't you cry for me
'Cause I'm in God's glory
And I can see His face,
It's amazing
I know you have doubts
But I see it right now
I promise it's real,

  My stomach turned at his words. I cried more. Squeezing his hand again and again. A silent promise to not let go. "Y-you can't leave me" I say. My voice broke again and again as the words caught in my throat.

Keep praying
I'll be waiting,
Take your time
And go write a story
That you can't wait to tell me
On the other side

I felt Dean take a breath, and his hand slowly let go of mine.

Slowly.

Slowly.

   Dean's heart monitor goes off and nurses come running in.
I am pushed out and am on the phone with Sam. "Breathe. Y/N/N. Breathe and tell me what's wrong" Sam says. The impala sped up faster in the back ground.

   "Sam h-he stopped breathing. You need to get here now. Please..." I sobbed into the phone. I felt as if I were going to hit the floor, watching as the group of nurse aids tried to revive him.

My hands shook as I stood waiting.

Dean's words echoed in my thoughts.

Keep praying
I'll be waiting,
Take your time
And go write a story
That you can't wait to tell me
On the other side

Something warm touched my right shoulder. I cried.

It was him. Dean was saying goodbye.

"Call it" a nurse said, quietly.

I hung up the phone to look at the time.

10:58 pm. It read.

10:58 pm. December 17th. 2019.