I Just Want Some Malk!

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

===========================
============================
⚠ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ⚠
sʟɪɢʜᴛ ɢᴏʀᴇ
============================

Third Person

Well, In all honesty, you had suspected today to be an average day without any change to your usual schedule. Well, besides a quick run to the store for some milk. Before walking out of the door, however, you looked at yourself in your full-body mirror to see that you were decked out in a warm red turtleneck with some leggings and a leather jacket. Once you made sure you were presentable, you then went outside, locking the door behind you as you made your way towards the store. Upon entering the store, you quickly went to aisle six to grab the milk and then went to the cashier to purchase your stuff. Once you had bought the milk, you gave a soft 'thank you' and a polite smile to the cashier.

Well, sure, all you had received in return was a scowl and a sniff from the acne-covered teenager, but at least you had been polite, unlike some other customers that they had dealt with previously. Once outside, you grinned to yourself as you mentally patted yourself on the back. Earlier that day, you had been working with one of your clients, teaching them a new technique with a paintbrush and slowly allowing them to get used to the feel of painting on a canvas. During the session, you talked to your client, a middle-aged woman who went by Olivia, and had spoken about the significance of a smile.

Smiles could convey anything. And sure, they usually represented happiness, but smiles could truly express anything.

From a sad smile when you're trying to bite back the tears.

From an excited smile, when you're eager to show your friends a new story or artwork you had made.

From a tense smile, when you're trying to hold back your anger.

To a sugar-coated smile, when you're hiding the truth.

Smiles could represent anything. And maybe, everything.

Breathing out a light huff, you tucked your chin closer to your chest as the autumn breeze ruffled your hair. The cold wind was a bittersweet reminder that summer had ended and that winter was coming. However, the rustling of the plastic bag in your hand caused you to shake yourself from said thoughts, remembering your prime objective: To return home and place the milk in its rightful place. The fridge.

You were sure it wouldn't go bad in such a short time nor in the brisk autumn weather, but you were never too sure after the milk incident. As you thought about that incident, you began to shudder as the memory of the curdled milk in your mouth. Making you gag slightly at the thought. Never again would you leave a glass of milk out for nine hours and try to drink it the next morning.

As you picked up your pace while your sneakers piped against the concrete pavement, you thought, "Man, being an adult is hard. Having to buy your own milk, paying rent, and going to work. It is so tedious! Well, of course, I relished in the joy and help I gave to every one of my clients. As well as enjoying the freedom and ability to drive and walk home without supervision. However, after ten years of technical adulthood, I still found the idea of being an adult somewhat... Dreamlike? In my soul, I am almost 100% still a child, learning about what was morally good or bad. Even now, I still had difficulties on finding the thin line between the good and the evil. However, it wasn't my fault. I am in a world full of villains and heroes, so the line was skewed at the least."