Written by: Chris :)

Christopher Nolan's newest masterpiece "Interstellar" swept me away, but for some audiences... it was nothing but a burden awaiting a potty break. Whats up with this movie?

In a gist, the Earth is dying and Matthew McConaughey's character, along with other experts in various scientific fields, must venture through wormholes and time and space to find a new, habitable planet.

Chris Nolan does it again with another directorial Oscar Bait, with an unquestionably stunning cast. Matthew McConaughey's "Cooper" was tender, unwavering, strong, relentless, and willing to go through the hell of space to see his children survive. His Academy Award for his role in Dallas Buyers Club was well deserved, and perhaps another nomination as well? Besides McConaughey, we experienced strong characters such as "Brand" played by the phenomenal Anne Hathaway and "Murph" by Jessica Chastain. Much of the supporting cast had an influential impact, netting all the pieces to the puzzle very eloquently together. These characters, placed in such an awful and complex situation, were relatable, pitiful, but incredibly breath-taking in their resilience to do whatever it takes.

And speaking of breath-taking, there is no denial Interstellar's visualswill catch itself another Academy Award nomination for best visual effects. These effects reached far beyond the call of duty when it comes to CGI, the entire spectrum of footage brinked on the edge of real and unbelievably surreal. One was never quite sure whether this all really did take place in outerspace. Of course, compared to last year's Gravity, which won 7 Oscars (including Best Director), Interstellar had more formalist elements. Besides the obvious plot of surviving on a scale of the entirety of humanity, the film had plenty of underlying themes, besides Gravity's tale of one woman's survival. Themes included the limitations of the human spirit, how much one can hold on to family, is love essential for survival, giving up or pulling through, and whether or not we as humans should continue to explore past our own world.

Unfortunately, most audiences probably did not catch on and thought of this film only as a really long and "Inception" version of Gravity. Sure, at one point in the flim you completely doubt the relativity of time and space as a whole with the biggest plot twist of all time, but under the complexity of it all one can truly appreciate the work put into this mega-movie.

Thank you for reading? Hate our review or love it to tears??? Leave feedback on what YOU think and follow us too! Suggestions always welcome as well :)
-Chris