ELEVEN

"Stupid eggs!" Aurelia groaned, looking at the mess on the ground as she waved her hand to clean it up again, before discarding it in the trash.

"Aurelia?" Aurelia looked at the phone, before suing one of her non-messy fingers to tap the speaker button.

"Hey, sorry, mom." She said. "I think it was 4 eggs. That just doesn't seem like enough."

"Sweetie, it's three. I'm a hundred percent sure." Aurelia hummed. "Just mix it."

"Okay." She took the whisk and used vampire speed to mix the eggs, butter, and sugar. "And then the flour, right?"

"Yep." She took the flour and quickly poured a third of it. "Not the whole thing, alright?"

"Nope." She said. "We're doing it—"

"Little by little." She and Liz chorused.

"And now, taking the spatula and gently- shoot." She suddenly said. "Oh my God, the cupcakes!" She sped to the oven, before hissing as she opened it with her bare hands and pulled out the burning hot tray, slightly hissing. "Oh, thank goodness. They're perfectly okay."

"Aurelia, you made the cupcakes!" Caroline exclaimed happily. "I just finished up the frosting!" Aurelia smiled. "Also, hi mom!"

"Hey, honey." Liz said.

"Caroline, set it on a video call, will you?" Aurelia asked, before letting go of the tray once it was on the counter. She shook her hands until they had healed and cooled down.

Soon enough, she could see her mother's face. "Hi." She said. "Have you made a mess yet?"

"Yes, she has." Caroline answered. "'Lia, are you sure you don't want help?"

"I'm sure!" She said. "Just because I haven't baked in twelve years doesn't mean I still can't do it."

"Right, you're just a little out of practice." Liz said. "Aurelia, let Caroline help."

"No need to let." Caroline said. "I'm already doing it." Aurelia looked at her sister, before groaning.

"Care!" She exclaimed. "I volunteered to do that!"

"Just because you volunteered doesn't mean that I can't help." She insisted.

"Fine, then I get to do one more thing."

"Aurelia, you gotta calm down. I get that you want to help as much as possible for Bonnie's birthday—"

"Well, duh. I owe it to her." She said as if it was obvious. Caroline's phone suddenly rang.

"Hold on, I gotta take this." She said, walking out of the room. Aurelia quickly sped back, before holding up the bowl and folding the last of the flour with the batter.

"Alright, you're on your own now, sweetie." Aurelia looked at Liz, furiously shaking her head. "You know you can do it."

"Mom—" The call ended, and Aurelia groaned, using magic to levitate it and throw it out of the mess of a kitchen.

"Whoa, don't take the anger out on the phone." She heard Stefan's voice. She spun around, seeing him on the other side of the counter, her phone in hand.

"I wasn't angry, I'm just freaking out." She defended, before he walked to the counter. "So, the batter's ready." She said, taking a bit from the spatula and holding it out in front of him. "Taste." He obliged, before raising his eyebrows in satisfaction.

"Huh, you can bake."

"Hey!"

!

"Aw, you actually had to finish up without me, didn't you?" Aurelia asked, walking into the kitchen, having showered. Stefan looked at her, keeping the bag of frosting down.