FIFTEEN

Damon raised his eyebrows as Aurelia poured herself a drink, having explained everything to him. "Any questions?" She asked, turning around to face him.

He shook his head slowly, before she smiled, downing her drink.

"Good." She said, keeping the glass on the table. "I promised Stefan I'd bring him back, and I intend on keeping that promise."

"Wait, do you mind repeating how you turned your emotions off and then back on?" He asked, making her roll her eyes.

"I never turned them off." She said. "I did think of doing so, but then I realized what I'd probably do, and how I'd hurt the people that I'd typically come home to. I also realized the I would take off almost instantly, and then be missing for 20 years." She added, leaning against the table. "Hurting and killing for pleasure in the process. So, I busted out my amazing, experienced, acting skills and was able to save someone in time." She said.

Aurelia licked her lips as she heard the familiar sound of a motorcycle engine. Damon looked at the front door, before it opened to reveal Stefan. Aurelia pursed her lips, looking at her phone. "How was the rave?" Damon asked.

"Oh, you know, loud, lame, rave-like." Stefan answered, walking in.

"Anything I should know about? Or anything you'd like to talk about? Bro-to-bro?" Aurelia stifled a small laugh, before looking up to see him facing Damon, not yet noticing that she was there.

"Where do we keep our weapons?" He asked, making her knit her eyebrows together. "You know, vervain grenades, all that hunter crap Jeremy was into?" He asked, before looking at a chair. "Ah, yes, the throne." He walked to the chair, opening it to reveal several weapons in a compartment as he began to pull a few out and keep them in a back.

Damon and Aurelia exchanged glances, before she nodded once and he sped to his brother with a vervain injection out.

However, Stefan was able to grip his forearm and snap the bone before the elder Salvatore was able to pull anything. "Huh." He said. "I see Aurelia told on me." He added, looking over to her. "Well, hello there." He eyed her up and down. "You know, I'm getting a seriously creepy deja-vu." She looked at him in confusion. "You know, the night we met again, you had something like what you're wearing right now on, and my humanity was off then, too." He pointed out. "And you still do look like a snack."

"What do you want all those weapons for?" She asked, folding her arms, as the compartment suddenly shut.

"No reason worth listening to." He answered.

"I'm all ears." She said, before he tried opening the compartment.

"Aurelia, you're acting like a child..." He said.

"And you're acting like you think that I'm going to let you go like that." She retorted, before gasping as he sped her to a wall, her back pressing up against it as he was dangerously close to her. He leant close to her ear, before she let out a breath.

"I said that it's none of your business." He whispered. "Now, I'd hate to get annoyed and snap if you didn't let me go."

"You think I'm afraid of you, Stefan?" She asked. "I'm not. I taught you everything to being a vampire, and even when I died, you implemented it. Face it, whether you like it or not, you're following my rules." She said. He only chuckled.

"No one follows rules when they don't care, dearest." He stated, before pulling away from her. "Now, why don't you leave me alone?"

"I mean, you're the one who's backed me up into a wall." She said. He smiled.

"You know what I mean." He said. "Don't try and bring me back, because you will die in the process."

"Aw, sounds like you care for me." She said with a smile.