Chapter one

A/n: Ayo guys here to rewrite this again lol

All I changed was some wording so you don't have to reread.

I'm actually probably going to edit this chapter again later lol

Oh well, ya'll know the drill, for the love of Lucky charms, tell me if I missed any trigger warnings.

Trigger warnings: selective mutism, bullying, trans Patton. (Female to Male) Selective mutism

Patton was walking down the halls of his school, on his way to his car, having just finished the day. It was exhausting, for sure-he was nice, bubbly, 'oh, sure-I can help out with that!-typical Patton, so of course the day would be tiring. He was planning on waiting for his friends-his real friends, not the ones who used him-by his car, and then they'd probably just drive around.

As he walked, he smiled at every person he saw, and even if someone would have just caught his gaze, his eyes conveyed a caring smile to everyone he passed. He waved to friends, and told (dad) jokes to people who looked sad. When they cracked smiles, that made his day.

(Almost) Everyone loved Patton, and Patton loved everyone.

Everyone also knew that he was trans, and most of them accepted him. That made him even happier to know he went to a school where people were so excepting of these things.

Most people would get bullied relentlessly for being..different.

A lot of people in his school were like him too. Trans, Bi, Pan, gay, asexual..you name it. People didn't really care much about who liked who, or what they identified as-it was just...kind of normal. And he really liked that.

Very few were trans, however so Patton was different in that sense. Or, people were trans but were too scared to come out. Some were non binary as well. The fear of being bullied held most people back.

Patton, however wanted everybody to smile and be happy. When he came out, he wanted to be an example to his peers to show them that being 'different' wasn't such a big deal.

This lead to others coming out as well, and people were shocked to find how excepting everyone was. (Except for old school teachers who didn't like that kind of stuff.) He encouraged everybody that he could, and gave advice to his peers. Even things he couldn't even imagine going through like break ups and depression, he tried his best to empathize with them, and give them words of encouragement and comfort.

But most of the time, he didn't interrupt them with words of comfort, he simply let them talk their problems out. He figured out through gears of experience, that most of the time people didn't want just comfort. They just wanted to vent, to talk to someone who would actually listen to them.

Everybody in his school was very socialable even the introverts had friends. Though, most of them were just friends with extraverts that adopted them.

There was one person however, Patton noticed, who never smiled, never laughed, never talked, never looked at anybody, was practically invisible to most people, and seemed very secretive.

Nobody ever heard this strange boy talk. He had no friends. He was always jumpy, always afraid, seemed pretty self conscious, flinched a lot, etc.

People called him Anxiety most of the time. No one really cared enough to remember or learn his real name. But he piqued Patton's interest.

Most people didn't even know the boy existed. The ones who did just used him as a punching back, a bullying victim, or just someone who's good only for messing with. Patton had wanted to adopt an introvert, and decided that anxiety could be his target.