SIXTEEN

"Hey, Jo." Aurelia said with a smile as she walked into the room where Jo was working. Jo looked at her, her frown turning into a happy smile.

"Hey, 'Lia." Jo said, pulling her into a hug. "I haven't seen you for a while." Aurelia sighed.

"Well, I've been doing a lot." She said. "Mourning, trying to get my sister to snap her humanity back on..." She trailed off, looking at a patient with a blood-stained bandage wrapped around his throat. "I'm guessing Caroline and Stefan have been wreaking havoc, haven't they?" She asked. Jo hummed.

"Do you think you could help?" She asked. Aurelia nodded, before the two walked over to the patient's bed, before Jo pulled the curtains. Aurelia bit her wrist, before letting a few drops fall through his slightly parted lips. "Thank you."

"You know, the more patients that come here, it gets harder and harder to hide the reason why." Aurelia said. "Oh well, Damon and his mother should be down in an hour or so." Jo blinked several times.

"Damon's mother?" She hissed. Aurelia let out a noise of realization.

"Oh, I thought you knew." She said.

"I'm on hour 13 or a 12-hour shift." Jo said. "Someone could've dropped a text." Aurelia nodded once. "So, what's up?"

"Um, well, Damon, Elena, Bonnie, Kai and I took a trip to a 1903 prison world, which imprisoned Damon's mother." She said. "We got her back... and left Kai in the process." Jo looked at her in surprise.

"Kai's stuck in a 1903 prison world?" She asked. Aurelia nodded. "So, he's gone? For good?" The blonde began to smile.

"He is." She said. "No more Mr. Psychopath after your life." Jo grinned.

"He's gone. That's amazing news." She said, before her hands went to her stomach. "That's really amazing news." Aurelia looked at her stomach, before her lips parted in realization of what happened.

"Oh my God, you're pregnant." She observed, making the doctor nod. "That's great news, Jo! Oh God, you're so blessed for this. This child is the best thing that'll ever happen to you." She said with a grin, before pulling her in for a hug.

"With that being said, I'll really need advice on pregnancy." Jo said, pulling away. Aurelia let out a breath.

"I'd be glad to give you the advice." She said. "I hope you're off of caffeine." She suddenly stated, before Jo nodded. The blonde simply pulled her into another embrace. "Oh, I'm so happy for you. You and Alaric are gonna be parents!" She exclaimed, closing her eyes.

"Wait, what?" Elena asked in surprise, walking into the room. "You-You're pregnant?" She questioned in disbelief and surprise. Jo smiled and nodded, before Elena ran to her, enveloping her in a tight hug.

Aurelia smiled, before her hand subconsciously flew to her stomach.

Aurelia wiped her mouth, letting out a groan as she sat back down, evening her breaths. Rebekah looked at her pitifully, before keeping the pot away. "I'll have the maids throw that away." She said, before sitting down next to her.

"Rebekah, what have I come down with?" Aurelia asked, frowning. "For the past two weeks, I have been unable to keep much down in my stomach." She placed a hand on her stomach, before sighing. Rebekah placed a hand on her head, before pursing her lips.

"You don't have a fever, I'm sure about that." She said. "Would you like some water?" Aurelia nodded, as the vampire stood up and walked to a table next to the bed.

Seconds later, she handed the siphon some water, and she took it down within moments.

The door suddenly opened, revealing Klaus and Elijah, the former of whom sped to Aurelia, making her jump. "My apologies, 'Lia." He said, kneeling in front of her. "Are you alright?" Aurelia sighed.