SEVENTEEN

"First step..." Stefan began. "Convince her that my humanity is still off. I'll tell her that my run-in with mother had no effect on me." He explained.

"And then he'll lure her into a hotel, before I go ahead and knock her unconscious." Aurelia added, as Damon and Elena turned to see her at the other end of living room. "And then, I get into her mind and torture her until she breaks."

"Well, you have to have a powerful memory for that." Damon said. "Do you have one?" Aurelia raised an eyebrow. "No, she can't think of one that Caroline doesn't already know."

"I do, actually, and she know about it, but it's something I cherish." Aurelia said. "I have two."

"Okay, then." He said.

"Need I remind you that the last time Caroline thought we were trying to flip her switch; she went on a killing spree?" Elena asked.

"Well, she's not gonna find out." Stefan assured.

"See?" Damon asked. "He'll be convincing."

"How do you even know that she's gonna want to see you?" Elena asked. Aurelia looked down.

"Oh, she'll want to see him." Damon said with a smirk.

"Shut up, Damon." Aurelia said.

"Stop talking." Stefan said at the same time, as the two exchanged looks.

"Okay, what am I missing here?" Elena asked.

"Nothing." Aurelia and Stefan chorused again, before looking at each other awkwardly. Elena suddenly gasped.

"Wait, did you and Caroline—"

"Do it?" Damon asked. "Yup." He popped the 'p'. Aurelia bit her lip, looking at her feet.

"Oh, and you know about it, 'Lia?" Elena asked, pity in her voice.

"I do." The blonde answered.

"And this was after...?" Elena trailed off, seeing the guilt and humiliation on Stefan's face.

"It's definitely not how I wanted things to go down, but I regrettably can't change it now, so can we drop it?" He asked.

"Sore subject." Damon said. "Understood. And then Aurelia vervain darts the both of you in the face."

"Also, very vital question for Elena: Did you bring the letter?" Aurelia asked. Elena nodded, taking out a letter as Aurelia held her hand up.

The letter flew into her hand, and Aurelia looked at it. "What is that?" Damon asked.

"A letter that my mother intended for Caroline to receive after her death. Caroline got rid of everything from her former life, except this, because it came after she flipped the switch." Aurelia explained.

"How do you know it'll work?" Elena asked.

"Oh, I know it will." Aurelia said. "It has to."

!

"Aw, an angel." Caroline said, holding up a glass angel from a shelf as she walked into the B & B room in Grove Hill. "How cute is this place?" She asked, tossing the angel to Stefan.

"Adorable." He answered, tossing it behind him as it shattered into pieces upon impact with the ground.

"Okay, so I'll bite." The blonde said in slight suspicion. "So, you hunt me down in a bar- where I am perfectly content feeding on the wait staff- so you can whine about how your mom is a bitch—"

"What kind of mother doesn't love her own children?" Stefan asked. Caroline looked at him, before smirking.

"Oh, duh." She said, wrapping her arms around his neck as she looked into his eyes.