"Songs of the Dark"

Deep in the caves of Grot, far from Domrak village, was a series of very dark caverns that lead into the mysterious mountain. Most would never venture this far, but on occasion a daring Grottan or two might be seen scaling the high walls, or scampering in the depths to find lost treasure. Amri however, was a frequent guest of this area.

Adorning his usual all-black attire, he was dressed head to toe in rich robes which were crafted specifically to camouflage him. As a shadow moving across the darkest plains of Thra, his figure strode through the void of openings and thin gorges. Always vigilant, his round wide eyes consumed the dense air around him, assisting his feet with each step, allowing him to know the ground as if it were in daylight. The dank smells of the musty moss stuck to the stone walls as strong as the bonds themselves. His nose still twitched as if it were the first time he had experienced the scent. Small trickles of water draining into the holes in the ground were the only sounds. Rare cave blooming flowers wreathed the pools of dark water, glistening with the faint glow of blue moss.

Amri knelt down to examine one of the neon patches of flora. His thin white fingers like tendrils, floating through the fibers and stems, sensing the presence of Thra herself. He finally removed his hood, placing it down gently on his shoulders as flowing white hair obstructed is face. When he lifted his hand to brush it back behind his ear, a few traces of the blue plant streaked across his cheek. With some of the resinous sap still dripping on one finger, he darted his tongue and licked it dry, causing his face to suddenly brighten with the same glow in the moss.

Just as he was about to relax and enjoy the wonderful environment, he heard a fluttering sound buzzing overhead. He looked up, then rose to his feet and searched through the black air for any trace of the source.

"Amri!" A sweet voice called through the air. Amri swung his head around, then followed the call back to a small ledge overlooking a wide underground river.

"Here!" He called back in an assertive tone.

The sounds of vibrating wings grew louder and louder, until finally the image of a wild Grottan girl appeared out of the dark space. She flew in front of him, hovered for a minute, then landed gracefully with a thump on a rock.

"There you are, Deet!" Amri remarked with a smile.

"Here i am! And there you are!" Her wings folded as she stepped down to the wet grass. 

"You found me."

"I always do. But i wish you wouldn't travel so far!" She scolded. 

"Why not? I'm an adventurer." He held out his hands, welcoming the isolated environment. 

"I know that," Deet huffed, "but remember i have to follow you."

"Well i'm a natural leader, so i suppose that makes sense too." He joked.

"Can't argue there! But let's just stick to collecting moss for today, please?" She handed him a dark gray fabric sack which was empty, ready to be filled with their special treat. 

"You got it, Captain." He grabbed the sack and slung it over one shoulder. 

"So, where is it?" Deet asked looking around his feet. 

"What?"

"The moss!"

"I've only just arrived, I haven't had a chance to collect any!" He protested. 

"Looks like your belly managed to collect some!" She poked his side as he backed away laughing.

"Am I still glowing?" He felt his face from top to bottom.