vii. sparks fly

chapter 7 - sparks fly

Dakota began wondering if the cries of pain leaving her mouth and the tears running down her face even meant anything to them.

To Bellamy.

Was he, not the least bit affected by the fact that he was abusing a young girl right now? Did she not remind him of his younger sister standing behind him most slightly due to her being the young, naive, and underestimated girl they viewed her as?

Her thoughts were interrupted when a girl with tanned skin emerged from the floor entrance, requesting Clarke.

"What's taking so long? Finn stopped breathing."

"What?!" Clarke shouted.

"He started again, but next time he might not." She replied.

"She won't tell us anything," Clarke stated, motioning towards Kota.

The tanned girl scoffed and eyed her up and down.

"Wanna bet?" She asked, ripping something off the wall.

"Raven, what are you doing?"  Bellamy stepped forward.

"Showing her something new."

She took the wires in her hands and started rubbing them together, making sparks fly from both ends.

Kota hadn't seen such a thing in her life but she did know that sparks came out of fire, and fire was hot. She immediately attempted flinching away from her but without hesitation, Raven jabbed the wires into her ribcage. Painful, burning, shockwaves shot throughout her entire body and she began violently shaking and trembling at their touch. All she could do was scream out in pain unlike any other.

She couldn't control her breathing and soon she felt dizzy from all the pain they had inflicted on her. She didn't know how much more she could take.

"WHICH ONE IS IT?!" Raven yelled in her face.

Kota couldn't even bring her head up to look her in the eyes. All she wanted to do was just fall to the floor and cry. She wasn't able to, however, because the restraints kept her held in the air, letting Raven bring the wires to her exposed stomach once more.

The instant they met her flesh the same burning pain shot through her system and she released another ear-piercing scream. She knew she had promised Lincoln that she wouldn't break, but nothing he said could have prepared her for what she was enduring. She couldn't take it anymore. She tried turning to look toward Raven, silently begging her to stop, but the girl couldn't even look at her. Instead, she aimed the wires at her again.