viii. accomplice

chapter 8 - accomplice

Octavia entered the tent that Raven was currently in and went straight to the bin of water. She began washing the bloody cloth that she just used to clean Dakota's wounds.

"I'd hate to see the other guy," Raven said, breaking the silence.

Octavia barely glanced at her.

"You did." She stated. "When you were torturing her."

"Finn was dying," Raven said, trying to justify her actions. "I'm not going to apologize for doing what I had to do."

"It must suck to come all the way down here to find out that your boyfriend is into somebody else," Octavia responded, referring to Finn and Clarke.

Raven scoffed.

"I'm not doing this with you." She said, before leaving the tent.

"OCTAVIA!" Jasper shouted.

He ran up to her and grabbed her shoulders.

"I think I'm going crazy, or the grounders are here, or I'm just going crazy!" He spoke frantically.

"OK, just slow down. Just tell me what you saw." Octavia replied, trying to get him to calm down.

"...Him" Jasper stated.

He pointed to the area in front of them but there was nothing but trees in their line of vision.

"Jasper, there's no one there-"

"He's right there! We have to run, we have to run! Why isn't anyone doing any-"

"Stop it! Shut up! Jasper, are you on something?!" Octavia questioned, cutting him off from worrying the others.

"I love you and I just want you to know this, 'cause we're all gonna die soon. Okay? I love you." Jasper spoke, getting closer to her and putting another tree nut in his mouth.

Octavia took sight of this and raised her eyebrow.

"Is this all you've eaten today?" She asked, picking up a nut from his hands.

"It is, but who the hell cares now?" He laughed.

"Okay, you're totally bombed," Octavia stated.