12

Kim Taehyung's POV

I and Jimin are quietly walking through the training of the soldiers. I was amazed at them because they are so tough to do hard core training. They are organized and oriented; no one wants to make a mistake at them since if they do, it is everyone's punishment.

We're busy watching them when I can feel someone shaking my chair. I immediately looked at Jimin because I thought he was moving my chair.

"Duck and cover!" I heard Jungkook's yell. I quickly looked at him. I see the soldiers performing the drill, but Jungkook is running towards me.

Jngkook hugged me, then covered me with his body while, in the other hand, he was holding Jimin. I can feel the way the ground is shaking because of the earthquake. This earthquake is not so normal. This is a big one.

"Stay calm, Tae," Jungkook Hyung whispered at me. I was holding him tight. Luckily, we are on the training ground.

After a minute, the earthquake stopped. The soldiers are starting to move toward the evacuation area. Captain Min arrived, and he took Jimin with him. While I am with Jungkook, he's the one who's taking care of me.

"Do you feel any dizziness?" he asked.

"Yeah, a little bit," I answered.

We are walking through to the evacuation area with the other soldiers and personnel here in the camp. Jungkook is holding me tightly and guiding me.

"Captain Jeon." I saw Bambam call him when we arrived at the evaluation area. Everyone staring at us made me feel uneasy.

"Any reports, Bambam?" Jungkook asked.

"Everything is alright. No one gets hurt, and everyone is here," Bambam answered.

"Double check if the quantity is the same as in our record," Jungkook said.

Bambam left us, then focused on his duty. Jungkook called Jackson.

"Yes, Captain?" Jackson asked after he gave some respect to his captain.

"Here's my key. Drive Taehyung and Jimin to their home," Jungkook said, making me look at him shocked.

I was not expecting that he would send me home. I still want to stay with him.

"Why are you sending me home?" I asked him.

"You need to go home. You are not safe here. The earthquake that we experienced is not a normal one. That's a big one, which is a dangerous one. Please, for your safety, just listen to me," he said.

I don't want to go home, but I don't have any choice. He wants me to go home because it's for my safety.

"But I don't want to go home," I said while giving him a pout to change his mind.

"Stop doing that. It will not work for me. I'll promise I will meet you when everything is alright. You already have my number; you can text me if you need anything or call me."

I just sighed as I was defeated. But he gives me assurance that I can still talk to him, and he promises that he will meet me. I am already happy and count on that.

"Okay! Fine."

"Jackson, please take care of them," Jungkook said. He gives me a hug before leaving me with Jackson.

We left the quarters when I arrived at our home. My father and mother are worried about me since they are scared of what happened. The earthquake that happened is a topic all over the country. Some parts of the country were affected by the disaster. Mostly in Deagu, where our hometown is.

The days passed. Jeon Jungkook never called me or texted me. He also didn't pay any visits to me. That's why I am locking myself in my room because I feel so devastated. He promised that he would visit me when everything was fine.

"Taehyung~ah! Please open the door for me." I heard Jimin knocking at my door. I stood up, even though I was so lazy, to open the door for him.

"Why are you doing this to yourself? You look like a zombie," Jimin said when he came inside my room. I lay down again in bed.

"He is a liar. He didn't pay any visit to me, and he is not texting me or calling me," I bragged.

"How will he visit you when he is on the date?" I heard Jimin say it, even though he said it in a whisper, but I can still hear it.

"What do you mean he is on the date?" I exclaimed.

"What? Did I say he was on the date? "Jimin said while he was in panic mode.

"Yes! You did! I heard you," I said.

"Argh! Okay, Fine. Captain Jeon is spotted having a date with the daughter of General Manoban. They are on the news," he said.

When I heard that, I immediately opened my laptop, and then I saw on social media that they were trending. I saw their picture having a dinner date at the restaurant. When I see that picture, it makes my heart break. He made me look like a fool.

I was expecting that he would have a mutual feeling towards me since he is caring and loving to me. But he is not; he made me wait in how many days for him, and then I will know that he is on another date.

"Tae." He sits beside me while he is patting my back.

"I will not tell you about that, but I spill it in my mouth. I am sorry, bestie," Jimin said.

"You don't need to apologize. I am thankful that you informed me; if I didn't know about this, then I would make myself a fool for a very long time," I said to him.

"It's okay, bestie. There are so many boys that you can love. You're so gorgeous that everyone will be crazy if they date you," Jimin said. He is trying to lift my mood, but I still feel the pain.

I was expecting too much. But I was wrong to expect too much from him. That's why I am here; my pain is eating me.