NINETEEN

Aurelia walked into a study of the Salvatore Boarding House, looking around for the bride and her bridesmaids. She suddenly heard shuffling, before proceeding to move to the next room, only to see Jo pacing back and forth while freaking out. "Jo?" She asked, slightly confused as she saw chaos all over the place.

"Aurelia!" Jo exclaimed. "You're here! Thank God! I completely forgot, because baby-brain, but I really would love it if you could be my maid of honor." Aurelia's eyes widened in surprise.

"Maid of honor?" She asked with a grin. "Yeah, of course, you didn't even have to ask."

"Oh, you've been a life saver for me these past few months, and I couldn't think of any way to repay you." Jo said, before Aurelia pulled her into a light embrace.

"Now, I can hear your heart racing, so do tell me what the matter is." She said. Jo looked around frantically.

"I can't find my amazing and expensive wear-it-once-and-never-again shoes!" She said. Aurelia looked around, before sighing.

"Okay, Josette, calm down." She said, before turning to Elena. "He, Elena, can you get her a glass of water. I do the shoe-searching." She said. Elena nodded, before Aurelia turned to Bonnie. "Bon, what're you doing?" She asked.

Bonnie groaned in frustration as she hopelessly and helplessly tried to make the garment steamer work. "This isn't working!"

"Sure, break the steamer because a wrinkled dress will distract everyone from my bare feet." Jo said. Aurelia turned to her.

"Relax, Jo." She said. "Look, Klaus left the Mikaelson Manor under my name, and I have tons and tons of shoes that will fit you."

"In white?" Aurelia nodded.

"I'm a 401-year-old vampire who has attended countless events and weddings." She said. "If bad goes to worse, I will get you all 13 pairs." She assured. Jo took a deep breath and nodded.

"What about this?" Bonnie asked, gesturing to the steamer. Aurelia sighed.

"I think I worked one of those before." She said, before going over to the steamer. She frowned. "And the models have clearly changed." Elena came back with two glasses of what looked like a mimosa, making Aurelia look at her in horror. "Elena Gilbert! What the heck are you trying to do?!"

"Relax, it's a non-alcoholic mimosa." Elena assured, before offering it to Jo.

"One, a non-alcoholic mimosa is just orange juice. And two, I can't drink." She then looked at the three other girls. "Somebody should drink." She looked at Elena. "You should drink." The younger brunette smiled.

"I will drink, eventually. But I have human tolerance, now, which is cheaper, but a lot less fun." She said, handing a glass to Jo. "Cheers."

The bride's phone suddenly rang, making Aurelia look at it, before picking it up. "Hey, Jo Laughlin's phone." She said, before looking over to her descendant. "Relax." She mouthed, before frowning as the woman hurriedly spoke. "Oh, um, okay." She said slowly, making Jo look at her in even more panic.

"That's not an "okay" okay. That's a "there's a problem" okay." She said, as Aurelia hung up.

"Um," She said, hesitant to tell Jo. "So, Danielle's got the flu."

"Huh." Jo said with a tight-lipped smile. "It sounded like you said "Danielle's got the flu", which is impossible, because Danielle's my wedding coordinator." Aurelia nodded. "How sick is she? Can she still work?"

"That depends on how much vomit you would like to have at your wedding." She answered. Jo moaned in frustration, before pacing again. "Jo, please, sit down. A pregnant woman should not have to suffer through so much stress." She pleaded. "Okay, I can be a wedding coordinator. I was one in the 1700s." She tried to reason.