Chapter 1 - Umbras Damnatorum

Paranormal Protection Agency

Chapter 1

Unknown Female
October 4
New Haven City
Jonathan Murphy High School
9:12 AM

Just a few more things and I can get this summoning to work. It's a good thing no one is looking for me nor around to see me do this. I would probably get bomb bared with questions like "What are you doing", "Why are you doing this?" or "What is wrong with me". Maybe even get sent to an asylum or something. Which would be cool, only to see if it's as creepy as those asylums shown in those horror movies.

But it doesn't matter, It's not like anyone is looking for me. Nobody wants to waste their time with the "pale, creepy, purple haired girl" and even if they are looking for me they're never going to find me in the school's basement. Why the basement? Apparently this book requires me to be in the darkest room of a building. Glad I always carry a flashlight. I could have not come to school and done this at my own home, but it's not safe for me. It's only a matter of time before they come looking for me there. After all, I did steal this book from them.

On the floor, in front of me, is a carving of a logo. Around the logo, are dark red candles, apparently needed to be made out of the blood of a virgin. Gross but in a cool way. The instructions in the book saids that I must drip my own blood on to the logo until it is covered by it then light up the candles with hellfire and chant the sacred words from the book. This sounds simple enough.

I sat down on the floor and place the book open on the side of me. While holding the flashlight, I reach for my book bag to pull out my knife preparing to start but I'm starting to get that feeling. It's that annoying feeling you get when you really want to do something but your afraid of the consequences. I guess it should be expected. I've never done this before, but there is no way I could back out now. I'm here for answers and I plan on getting them from whoever this thing summons.

I place the flashlight in my mouth to hold it and have the light pointing towards the front of me. I lower the knife to my left hand and cut it down from the bottom of my middle finger to my palm. Normally if a normal person were to do this it would hurt but for me it doesn't, it just stings. Then again, I'm not what you call "normal". The blood flows down on my hand and drops to the carving. It's not enough. I then continue to cut down pass my palm and on to the wrist. Ok now it hurts. Good thing I can regenerate or I could die from this.

More blood flows down and as it's dropping on the floor, the blood is spreading over the logo. As it's completely covered, I place my knife on the floor next to the book and grabbed my flashlight. Now to light the candles. Got to concentrate. With a flick of my wrist, the tip of the candles are lit up with dark purple fire and turned off my flashlight.

As I'm looking through the book for the words, I can't help but wonder who am I going to summon. The book doesn't tell me exactly who. It just saids "Umbrae Damnatorum". Sounds creepy. Also the book is titled "Book of Daemon". Odd name. But doesn't matter, as long as it's someone from hell that is being summoned then it's ok.

Ok, found the "scared words". They look to be in Latin, just like in the movies and TV shows. Awesome even though I don't know how to speak that language. Normally, this is the part where I should prepare myself incase if things turn violent. But with my abilities, I think I can handle it.

I begin to read the words:
"O, Umbras Damnatorum, magno meo ego autem-"
I notice that one of the dark red candle lights have just burned out.

"-sum puer homble cultu."
There goes the second light. My heart starts to beat fast.

"peto a vobis ut istum de peccato mundat."
The third burns out. Now I'm have second thoughts.

"Et dimitte forth the Eleminate opressers-"
The fourth goes out, only one left. At this point my heart is beating rapidly. I'm nervous, not for my safety but just what could come out. A demon, monster, or anything.