Mistletoe

Shivaay had prided himself for being someone who was always ready to learn. Today, it was a very simple lesson. To not mess with his future wife when she's excited.

He had been stressed about a deal and Anika's incessant chatter about "How it was Christmas" didn't help. They were at his family's lodge in Switzerland and Anika was determined to celebrate.

One thing happened after the other and he ended up ruining her mood by calling her a kid. Now, his deal was finalised, his stress diminished and he realised what he had done.

His family was such a sport, had sent them to a pre-wedding honeymoon to spend time with one another and he had ended up messing with it. As he walked in his room, he saw Anika already asleep, a frown on her face. Shivaay sighed, guess it was upto him to save Christmas.

---

Anika woke up when she felt cold. Looking around, she frowned when she didn't find Shivaay around.

Stupid Oberoi, didn't even sleep for his deal. Dragged me so far away from home and now left me alone. Could have gone to Rudra's party instead.

Bundling herself in the warmth of her sheets, she finally looked around, only to be shocked.

“What the-”

“Oh, you're awake.” Shivaay came at the door, grinning at her.

“Why does it look like Christmas pooped all over the house?”

It was true. Their room was currently full of Christmas decorations.

“Oh please, I am sure this is hoe you would have done it too.”

“Shivaay, I am a professional event planner. You are a stuck-up businessman. I am very sure this is not how I would have done things.”

He sighed and walked towards the bed. Anika rolled her eyes. It was pretty difficult to not smile. Yes, the room looked awful but he had put in efforts.

But what's the fun in giving in easily?

“And don't you think all of this will make me forget what you did yesterday.”

Shivaay shrugged as he climbed in bed, sitting in front of her. “Who said anything about me doing it for you?”

Anika furrowed her brows. In answer, Shivaay tipped her chin upwards and she saw green leaves hanging above the bed. Before she was able to process, Shivaay softly said, “I did it for myself.” and he took her in a searing kiss.

---

Anika could say it was her weakness when he was being sweet to her. After a very heavy makeout session marking the beginning of a beautiful day, Shivaay had pushed her to get ready and come out for breakfast.

Dressing in a red crop top and jeans, Anika walked out with a stoic face. On not finding him anywhere, she frowned. He did invite her for breakfast, didn't he? The living room looked the same, full of over the top Christmas decorations.

As if in answer, he appeared at the door of the lodge, grinning at her. “Breakfast is outside.”

Anika raised an eyebrow. She couldn't say he wasn't putting in efforts.

The porch was decorated heavily too and Anika resisted the urge to laugh. So she ended up snorting unstead which earned her a glare. She was handed a cup of hot chocolate. She had barely had one sip when Shivaay slid his arms around her waist.

“I call mistletoe.”

She didn't even get to look up and was taken in yet another kiss. The cup was taken from her hands and placed on the table as Shivaay pressed his hands against her back, leading her hands in his hair.