Relax

It had been hours of aimlessly flying around and exploring Earth from above with her companion for Lapis. Despite the experience being exhilarating, feeling the cool winds in her face with Peridot on her back and the feeling of freedom for the both of them, all good things must  come to an end. Upon landing back at the temple, Lapis was exhausted.

     Often while terraforming way back thousands of years ago, the only breaks Lapis would get when she was tired were the ship rides back from whatever planet she helped to terraform, or the brief warp back to homeworld.

     Thinking about that, however, she remembered how Peridots were always kept to work on homeworld.

    Remembering that, Lapis looked at Peridot giving her a warm, yet exhausted smile as they both re-entered the temple together.

     Opening the doors of the temple, Lapis nearly collapsed from exhaustion ash she then proceeded to sit down on the ground catching her breath.

     "Uh, you alright there?" Peridot asked concerned about her friend.

     "I'm fine, just a bit tired," Lapis replied with a sigh.

     Peridot stood there for a second thinking of how she could help her friend. Suddenly, an idea popped into her head for how she could help out her companion. "Don't go anywhere, I'll be right back Lapis," Peridot called to Lapis as she was running into the bathroom.

"Do I look like I'm in a position to be running around right now?" Lapis called back to her companion.

     Peridot went into the bathroom and excitedly dug through a cabinet until she found the fabric pillow cushion. She placed the comforter in the empty bathtub, then grabbing a thick and fluffy blanket and placing it in the makeshift bed. Peridot then stole a pillow from Steven's bed and placed it in the small bed for Lapis to relax in. Lapis is gonna love this Peridot thought hoping to relax her friend.

     "LAPIS, COME IN HERE! I'M DONE IN THE BATHROOM!" Peridot called to Lapis as she still sat in the temple.

     Lapis got up walking to the bathroom, still clearly exhausted.

     Peridot opened the bathroom door to reveal to Lapis the small bed she made for her to relax in.

     "Awe, Peridot, that's so sweet of you," Lapis remarked flattered by the kind gesture. A slight blush crept quickly across her face as she slumped down into the cushioned, dry tub as she wrapped herself in the fluffy blanket.

     Peridot watched Lapis get comfortable until she was surprised by an invite to join her friend.

     "Hey, since you set all this up for me, I was thinking it would only be fair if I invited you to come rest with me," Lapis said kindly.

     Peridot nodded as she rushed over to the outside of the bathtub. Lapis took the opening of the blanket she wrapped herself in and made an opening in the little burrito she had made inviting Peridot to join her. Peridot carefully climbed over to Lapis, joining her under the embrace of the soft and warm blanket.

     Peridot laid down comfortably near Lapis's lower chest, wrapping her arms tightly around her stomach.

     Lapis lightly placed two arms around Peridot's back. Both gems feeling safe in the other's warm embrace.

     Peridot felt protected being in Lapis's caring hold with the other's arms wrapped around her back. No clods can get us here Peridot thought feeling safe and happy. It was warm and cozy where she lay.

     Lapis felt protected by the thick blanket around her. Somehow, it felt guarding. Plus, she enjoyed holding the small gem close to her body. The other one's tight hug felt protective and made her feel loved.

     About a comfortable hour had passed as the two lay safe in each other's loving hold. Peridot had snuggled comfortably next to Lapis, her arms still loosely around her shoulders as she was, admittedly, falling asleep.

     Lapis has been asleep for nearly that entire hour. She was glad to finally be getting some time to relax, and truthfully, found it as a terrific excuse to get Peridot to unwind and just take a break from it all. At the moment, Lapis's arms were still loosely wrapped around Peridot's back and their cheeks were pressed together.

Eventually, Peridot fell asleep there next to Lapis. Their sleeping position had shifted from laying slightly atop each other to packed tightly next to each other like sardines.

It was very comfortable, while being slightly compacted. The warm pillow cushion around them kept them cozy and warm. The soft and warm blanket around them had been moved a little in the tossing and turning, but it was still warmly wrapped around them. The entire space just gave off a comfortable sensation showing that the two are there and together. Nobody is leaving, nobody is getting attacked. Just comfort and sleep.

After four hours, Lapis awoke from her nap with Peridot. She tried to sit up but then she felt a small body on her upper navel, snuggling its face against her. Lapis saw Peridot finally trying to get some rest and smiled deciding not to disturb her. She placed a hand on Peri's back lightly stroking it. She was so fond of the little gem and while she hated to show it, she wanted to do everything in her power to make her happy.

Another hour had passed and Peridot had woken up, but unlike Lapis, she didn't intend to fall asleep, but just to get Lapis her rest and then go back to working on a project. Peridot frantically sat up looking around to try and figure how long she was out.

When Lapis felt this sudden change in motion, she was awoken as well.

"Lapis, why did you let me fall asleep?" Peridot asked.

"You looked cozy, besides, I didn't have the energy to wake you up."

Peridot looked around worried, but realized there was nothing she missed, nothing she needed to do, nothing she needed to fear. She had done all she needed to do, and now, it was time to reward herself with a good day of rest. The others wouldn't be home until the next day at the shortest, so they had the house to themselves. Realizing that all was done and remembering what Lapis always tells her about taking breaks, Peridot laid back down throwing herself and Lapis into a hug.

"Woah, someone's a bit clingy today, huh?" Lapis said slightly surprised at Peridot's sudden rush of need to show affection. Lapis was not complaining, though. She enjoyed this more sensitive and true side of Peridot. Lapis then returned the hug smiling. Her cheeks began flaring up into a darker shade of blue. Being near the small gem helped her feel safe and happy.

Peridot relaxed in Lapis's arms as Lapis did the same. They were so focused on finally getting to be this close for the first time since Lapis had returned from the moon that they didn't notice their gems beginning to glow. Before they knew it, Lapis and Peridot had fused.

"GAH! I-I'M S-SO SORRY I JUST-" the fusion trailed off. "Shh calm down, I'm okay," She ran to the mirror to see what she was. Noticing her strange reflection, the fusion felt her hair. The Peridot in her was not at all used to having smooth hair while the Lapis in her wasn't used to having such fluffy hair. The fusion then looked down at her body; she was some sort of blue-green color; like a Turquoise. She also had an extra set of arms. For a while, the fusion stationed herself by the mirror observing every part of her new form. She enjoyed being her, and she was okay.