𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE | HOME

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVERYTHING THAT RILEY KNEW WAS COMPLETELY SHATTERED AFTER ONE SINGLE PHONE CALL FROM CAROLINE FORBES. Stefan Salvatore was dead. They knew that, despite desperately trying to outrun the Traveler's spell, they needed to go back to Whitmore. Once Damon pulled up outside, they all ran straight into the College and saw Stefan laid desiccated on the couch beside Caroline, who was, understandably, distraught.

"No, no, no." Riley gasped out in an instant and ran over to Stefan's side. Her hand caressed his face gently as the tears fell from her eyes. She desperately wanted to believe this wasn't real— that her best friend was not dead. "No, this isn't happening."

Damon just stood there silently and still as if his whole body had shut down at the mere sight of his brother's dead body before him. He was devastated— angry, and all he wanted to do was breakdown. But, he knew that he had to find a way to fix this. His brother was not dead.

"I didn't know where to bring him. I just couldn't leave him outside." Caroline tried her best to talk, though she couldn't seem to stop herself from crying. She then looked up at Riley with hopeful eyes. "Bonnie has a plan, right? She— she said that she could bring people back. Tell me that she can bring him back!"

The room fell silent for a moment. Nobody knew exactly what to say, but they knew they weren't going to stop until they were reunited with the Salvatore. Riley took a step forward and brushed the tears from her eyes. "We'll bring him back."

Damon sent his girlfriend a look just before he covered up Stefan's body with a blanket that was draped over the couch. "Let's get away from prying eyes."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Damon, stop!" Bonnie desperately yelled out as the Salvatore used all his strength to break a wooden chair. Riley and Damon had gone to visit Bonnie, who they hoped had a plan to bring Stefan back, but it seemed she had lost the one thing she needed.

The Salvatore then, in a blind rage, smashed a vase containing flowers. Then, he turned around and pointed a poker toward Bonnie. "You said you had a plan, Bonnie."

Riley moved in front of Bonnie, meaning he was now aiming the poker right at his own girlfriend. "Damon, stop it!" He lowered the poker, which caused Riley to step aside.

"I did." Bonnie vigorously nodded with a guilty look plastered across her face. "I had a Traveler who knew the right spell."

"And, you lost her!"

"I didn't lose her. She was sucked into oblivion like everyone else on the Other Side." Bonnie snapped back, irritably.

"I can do it. Teach me the damn spell. I'll bring Stefan back myself." Riley tilted her head toward the Anchor as she stood between her and Damon.