《I》

Violetta stared at herself, which was reflected in the mirror that was standing tall in front of her as she put the biggest smile she could muster and the reflection of hers doing the same whereas a German Shepherd dog was watching his owner smiling on her own whilst his tail swaying behind him. He had a happy expression on his face, and it looked as if he was trying to mirror his owner's action.

The girl was wearing a black bust out high-low cropped top hoodie, causing her to show her dark grey sports bra that was binding her rather… big chest and a little bit of her cleavage, and dark grey knitted elastic waist cargo jogger pants.

She switched her attention from her face to her chest and began having a flashback when she was still in middle school. She used to feel insecure about it due to knowing that she must be the only one who had reached puberty earlier than the girls in her class. At first, it was not visible because they just grew so -- she didn't really care with regard to it until… until they grew bigger as she got older.

Violetta remembered when she was around eleven, her girl friends, too, started to notice it and they told her to put something on that was more… well, covering. Although she knew the clothes would make her sweaty or feel hot like summer had arrived, Violetta obliged her friends' words.

There was once when Violetta felt as if suffocated by the clothes, she decided to courage herself to wear some clothes that were not as covering as she used to wear but they still were able to cover her chest slightly. That time was when she knew her friends didn't like how big the size of her chest was compared to the rest of the other girls and them. She could recall their hateful glances towards her chest, which she began to feel insecure as well as uncomfortable about and decided to put the more covering clothes on back.

Also, there was this odd thing that happened the following days. Violetta had just woken up and was heading to her bathroom when she passed her mirror and from the corner of her eye, she caught something different with her hair that made her halt her step, turn around, and see something wide-eyed. The tips of her hair… it had turned violet but it was not just that. Her eyes also had this violet colour shading her brown eyes. The coloring slowly began to spread, causing her hair as well as her eyes to be violet coloured.

Her late parents were also shocked about this sudden change, of course, yet they managed to tell the headmaster regarding the hair of their child and luckily, the headmaster was able to understand it even though he was as perplexed as her parents. The school of hers was forbidding the students to dye their hairs so the moment her friends saw the colour of her hair and the teachers didn't even scold her or give her a warning, she thought her friends must have hated her due to seeing their hateful glances again and knowing the talks behind her back.

Consequently, Violetta tried to change her hair back into her usual black one -- however, the next day, it somehow still remained violet coloured.

She was so, so naive back then that she really was desperate for friends and chose to oblige everything her friends told her what to do as well as not to do, not realizing her friends were controlling her life as if she was a mere marionette. Well, at least she thought she was being naive at that time. Anyways, she was glad all of that already passed and she didn't have to meet them again for the reason that she had moved out and learned to live to be more herself.

She didn't need them since now that she had Zen by her side. Her fierce, yet adorable dog.

Violetta caught Zen smiling at her from her mirror, which she turned over to look at him and gave him a bright beam.