Put you in your Place

I have a Spotify and make a shit ton of playlists, so just so you know my Acc is: Owlmaster.665 and the name of the list is 💚Silver Tongue🐍, Enjoy!

It's training day at the ole' Avengers tower and everyone's working up a sweat..well except for me, I was late this morning because my alarm; 'didn't go off' which of course was a damn lie, I just didn't want to get out of bed because I knew which day it was, but alas my scheme only bought me two more hours of sleep and an angry Natasha for leaving her with the guys this morning. I have been standing here stretching random parts of my body for about an hour now, no longer needing to limber up but purely just waiting for people to funnel out of the gym or at least for the punching bag to be free from Steve's ever-pummelling fists, I don't like to work out in front of others unless it's a spar. I find that the punching bag helps me let out all of my inner aggressions that I have pent up inside of me, since I can't kill on the job...well rarely. I watch as Steve takes one finishing punch before rolling his burly shoulders back and glancing at me "it's all yours (y/n)" he huffed as he patted the leather bag of sand, he began to walk away from it and I soon replaced him in front of the bag but not before adding one last thing "oh and...try not to break the chain this time?" He said smirking at me as he walked backwards, I smirked back and winked "No promises, Cap'" before immediately taking up a fighting stance, bouncing lightly on the balls of my sneaker clad feet, feeling myself begin to fill with that overpowering adrenaline I'm used to, this being one of my powers of course, no human could ever create this much adrenaline and not die of a heart attack. I begin my punishing blows against the punching bag and enjoy it thoroughly, this being my own little therapy session, is it a little psychotic? Yea maybe, but who cares.

I continue this for what feels like only two minutes but what must've been at least an hour, almost everyone has left except for Clint and Nat who were sparring in the ring, Clint's cocky attitude causing him to get into it with the redhead, that's when I hear it... "Brother now that you are apart of the team you will have to take part in the team activities" I heard Thor's deep voice reverberate throughout the room, he brought Loki with him by the sounds of it. Me and Loki.. don't really get along, our first interaction being a smack to the face and death staring, from then he's tried everything in his godly power to inch his way under my skin with crude jokes and playful banter, I of-course have none of it and Thor and Nat are the only ones able to keep me from punching his head off of his broad shoulders.

I have been getting better at keeping my cool though, my mind working faster than my hands, instead of wrapping my hands around his throat I instead bash him in the face with equally passive-aggressive banter, it probably doesn't help that he's 10x my size and is...kindamytype but that doesn't matter! There is absolutely no way that we would ever become more than subtle enemy's and teammates.

I continue to punch the bag unrelentingly when I abruptly feel a tall presence behind me, of course my first instinct is to punch low and pin to the ground but I do not act on those instincts, cause that would be insane. "Well, if it isn't my favourite..teammate" I heard Loki's deep and accented voice as I felt coolness radiating right beside my face "Well look who decided to actually wake up this morning, how was your beauty sleep Ki Ki?" I said smiling to myself at my witty response, knowing full well that listening a little closer to Tony was (surprisingly) paying off "Ah ah, I heard you were certainly not the first person down here this morning love, and you've barely even broken a sweat, the effort I can tell is little to none" I heard him 'tsk' me a little like he was a fucking teacher! I wanted to just knock him out with a well placed blow to the head but I instead put all my frustration into my final punch, that one being the breaking point for the chain holding the punching bag up, the bag now being sent flying across the room. Me and Loki watch as it hits the floor and rolls, hitting the wall and creating a loud 'smack!' Sound that echoed throughout the room causing Nat and Clint to pause for a second to give me a look, I just shrugged at them and waved them off to continue.