The shot

"Aha!" Gaston shouted as the brightly colored bird he shot fell to the ground. Gaston looked over at Lefou for his approval and enthusiastic praises only to see none of these things. Lefou's brow was furrowed as he stared off at the floor, a frown upon his lips. This caught Gaston off guard, Lefou was never displeased when Gaston was present. Gaston loudly cleared his throat to avoid an uncomfortable conversation and bring his dazed friend back to reality. Lefou gasped at the sudden noise and fell off of his horse receiving laughter as response from his comrade. Lefou smiled and chuckled alongside his friend, returning to his silly self.
————————————————————————
"That's odd," Gaston thought, "Lefou usually beats me here," as he strolled up to the tavern's bar. Gaston wandered around a bit before settling back at the bar and ordering a few drinks. After about an hour or so, Gaston came to the realization that something was very wrong. He rushed out of the tavern and towards Lefou's house. "Lefou?" He banged on the door, "Lefou are you in there?" No response. "This is not funny Lefou! Come open this door immediately!" Gaston attempted to make his voice sound more angry than worried. Gaston called out once more for Lefou before placing his ear on the door to listen for any response, he was becoming desperate. He heard a small yelp that sent shivers through his body. That was all he needed to kick down the door with his brute strength. In front of him laid his favorite person in the entire world writhing on the floor. Gastons eyes widened in shock as his heart beat faster and faster! He rushed to Lefou's side, pulling him into an upright, sitting position, "What's going on?!" He demanded. Lefou could not respond clearly as he yelped at the sudden change in position along with moans from the pain he was already in.

Gaston shook Lefou's shoulders somewhat harshly, searching his eyes for an answer, before realizing that his actions were hurting the person most important to him

Gaston shook Lefou's shoulders somewhat harshly, searching his eyes for an answer, before realizing that his actions were hurting the person most important to him. This thought shook Gaston to the core and he froze in an instant. Lefou worried as much as he could in his current position for his comrade as his senses became overwhelmed and his vision blurred. Gaston snapped out if his thoughts when his sweet plump friend collapsed onto him.