TWENTY-FOUR

Bonnie quickly packed in a few grimoires, careful not to wake the sleeping Aurelia up from her tiring few days.

Just as she turned around, Aurelia cleared her throat, opening her eyes. "And where do you think you're going without saying hi?" She asked, staying in the same position. Bonnie smiled.

"I didn't want to wake you up." She said, making Aurelia huff.

"Well, I have nothing much to do except visit Stefan, who I cannot touch, so..." She moved over, pushing the blankets off as Bonnie smiled and went over to her, before pulling her into a hug. "Ugh, I missed the ability of physical touch." She mumbled.

"Am I gonna catch fire?" Bonnie asked, making the blonde chuckle.

"I don't think so." She said, before pulling away. "Valerie's repulsion spell was directed at vampires only. So, in this case, my skin is vervain." She explained.

"Well, I'll work on unraveling the spell when I—"

"No, stop!" Aurelia said with a pout as Caroline walked into the room.

"Good Morning." She said with a smile. "Room for three?" Bonnie scooted over a little, before patting the empty space beside her. "Are we gonna go costume shopping or what?"

"That's what I wanna do." Aurelia said. "Be relaxed for some time." She then gasped, her eyes lighting up. "We should have a spa day!"

"It's Halloween, 'Lia." Caroline said. Aurelia raised an eyebrow.

"And your point is?" She asked. "Come on, it'll be fun. We can go costume shopping and then get a massage. We can worry about magic later."

"Mm, considering you don't have your all-powerful magic and are a vervain-related disaster waiting to happen..." Bonnie began. "Kind of already worrying about it. Alaric thinks we can reunite Jo's spirit with her body with some sketchy Native American resurrection stone." She said. "My job is to crush his dreams in the most gentle way possible." Aurelia formed an 'o' with her lips.

"You don't even think it'll work?" Caroline asked.

"I don't think it should." Bonnie said. "The Other Side is gone, there's no more Gemini prison world, which means Jo's spirit is... probably at peace."

Aurelia then let out a sigh. "Our lives are weird."

"Tell me about it." Caroline and Bonnie chorused, before the three friends sat on the bed for a few moments, when Aurelia looked at her phone.

"Okay, I'm going go ahead and look at what Damon's done to the room that I got Ric." She said, before getting out. "I'll see you later," She looked at Caroline. "And I'll wish you luck." She said to Bonnie.

!

Aurelia knocked on the door of Alaric's apartment. "Who is it?" She heard Damon shout from inside.

"It's Aurelia, Damon!" She said back.

The door instantly opened, revealing Stefan, who wore a smile eon his face. "Hey." He said with a smile. She smiled back.

"Hey, Good Morning." She said. "So, what's going on?" She asked. "Where's Damon—" She walked into the room, spotting a desiccated and dead vampire. "Oh my God. Who the hell is this?"

"Aurelia!" Damon said. "What a pleasant surprise! What are you doing here?!"

"Um, looking to see whether or not you've completely destroyed the place?" She answered.

"Okay, so say hello to one of your sirelings." He said, picking up the still and shaking it so it looks like the vampire was waving at her. "This is Oscar."