Troubled Nights

Deceit was staring at his closet, unable to sleep. He had just woken up from a nightmare he knew all too well. It was 2:00 in the morning and his cheeks were covered in tears. He would never tell anyone about his night terrors. It was a mental promise to never tell anyone.

But, on this specific night, Remus got up to go get some soda for he had to work later because duty (Heh, duty.) called for Thomas to not sleep. He was half way down the stairs when he heard a yelp come from upstairs. At first he was confused because he thought he was the only one up, it was quite late after all. But then he heard a quiet and muffled cry. He decided that he could get soda later and followed the crying until he reached Deceits door. Deciding to give the lying side some form of privacy and knocked. When he didn't get an answer except a broken sob he decided to just come into the room.

He turned his head toward the bed in the corner to find the seemingly put together side curled in a ball crying. He walked over to the bed cautiously after closing the door.

"Deceit..? Are you okay..?" Remus whispered in a worried tone. Deceits eyes flashed open at the sudden voice in his room.

"W-What a-are y-you do-doing in h-here Re-Remus..?" His voice sounded broken almost. It broke Remus' heart to see him in this state.

"Deceit your crying... Are you okay..?" Remus knew the answer. There was no way Deceit was okay. But he wanted to hear it from him.

"I-I'm... Fi-"

"Lie."

Deceit fell silent, he didn't want to have to explain what happened. In result he did what came naturally, lie.

"R-Remus it's not a huge deal. I-It was s-something s-small." Deceit was silently cursing himself for stuttering because he knew Remus would pick on the lie if he did.

"Deceit... Me and you both know that I can tell when you lie..." 

"Just leave it alone Remussss!" Deceit hissed the last part on accident and was honestly surprised when he did. "Just leave me alone..." This time Deceit talked in a whisper.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Remus asked hesitantly. Deceit thought then shook his head and with that they sat in an understanding silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This too me forever to get written because of writer's block and I'm also working on a story with a close friend of mine! Her name is; @_Pixie_LGBTQ_ so go check her out!

Anyways thank you so much for reading my angsty trash! Bye!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~