TWENTY-FIVE

Aurelia's lips curled into a genuine smile as she slowly woke up and remembered the events of the previous night. She turned her head the slightest bit to look at Stefan, who seemed to be sound asleep, his arms wrapped around her waist as he kept her close to him.

She then looked back in front, before looking at her position. She then made a face, slightly anxious as to how she was going to get up without waking him up.

"What do you think you're doing trying to get away from me?" He suddenly asked, making her raise her eyebrows.

"Well, I was thinking I'd go get a change of clothes, maybe brush my teeth..." She said. "But no, I like this." She added, making him chuckle. "Listening to you breathe, contemplating on today's list of chores... considering what today is..." She trailed off.

"Does one of those chores happen to be you 'accidentally' kicking me awake so you can get to the other ones?" He asked. She scoffed.

"I thought I heard you say "kick"." She said.

"What did you want to hear?" He questioned, as she closed her eyes at the feeling of his lips on her neck.

"You saying that you wanted a kiss to wake you up today." She answered, before shivers went down her spine as he kissed a sensitive spot. "Oh God." She mumbled, before she turned around, adjusting the sheets on her body as she faced him. "Good Morning." She murmured against his lips, before placing her hand on the side of his face, playing with his hair.

"Mm, this feels nice." He said, making her smile. "Perfect thing to wake up to." He added, making her grin.

"Perfect gift for your birthday, too." She said, before gently getting pulled towards him by her waist as he placed a soft and short kiss on her lips, making her pout.

"Hope this isn't my only gift." She shook her head slowly, a cheeky smile resting on her lips. He chuckled and met her lips again, before he pulled her to sit on top of him as she bent down to kiss him, smiling as his arms moved to roam her back.

"Good Morning, lovebirds!" Aurelia pulled away and sat up on Stefan, groaning as she rolled her eyes.

"Ugh..." Stefan said in annoyance. "Are you kidding me, Damon?" Damon smirked, holding up a cardboard cup holder with four cups of coffee.

"Why are you even here?" Aurelia said, huffing as she turned her head to look at him.

"I brought you both some free-range, overpriced coffee." He said. "One cream, two sugars, just like you like it."

"If that's the only reason that you're here, I'm going to kick your ass." The blonde said with a raised eyebrow.

"I also got you a cup of hot cocoa." He added, holding up one of the cups. She hummed, before looking down at Stefan before getting off of him and adjusting the comforter on her body as she glared at the blue-eyed Salvatore. "Are we still friends?"

"Those two cups are for me, and you're treating me." She said, before Stefan sat up.

"Isn't it my birthday?" He asked, making her turn to look at him.

"Tell that to your brother, who ever so rudely barged in before I good give you a present." Damon scrunched up his nose in disgust, while she smiled in triumph. "What? I'm just picking a page out of your book." He looked at her and she simply looked back at him innocently. "Okay, I'm going to change."

"Is there any particular reason as to why you are barging into my girlfriend's dorm room at the crack of mid-morning?" Stefan asked as Damon threw his discarded shirt at him.

"Why such a Grumpy Gus?" Damon asked. "I thought you'd want to celebrate today. I finally got Elena back last night. You're snuggled up with the girl you deserve in this tragically tiny bed, and Ric saved his lady from the great beyond! Not to add, today's my baby brother's birthday—"