Chapter One

Mum and Dad have been in the dining room with that guy for a long time... What's going on? I sit by the door, trying to listen in on their conversation. I catch this:

"-he's just a little kid. Would he really try to go up against you?" Mum asks. I blink in confusion. Is she talking about...me? Maybe not...but still. I listen closer and hear a voice I don't know reply:

"He could either be the Savior or the one who goes against everything we've planned on. Ronald Weasley is our only other option. Just let me do the spell."

"But what if we're wrong, Dumbledore? What if he is the Savior? What if his core is Light?" Dad asks.

"Then he'll do the necessary...training to become the Savior our world needs. But if we're right...the only way to ensure he doesn't wreak havoc on our world is to disown him. I will make sure that a nice orphanage takes care of him...away from the Wizarding World." My eyes widen as I realize the guy...Dumbledore...wants mum and dad to send me away.

"Alright," Mum and Dad say together. What?! They want to send me away just because some guy wants them to? I hear them push their chairs back and I move away from the door, summoning a book and read sitting on the stairs near the dining room. Mum and Dad walk out, followed by a man with white hair and a long white beard. His blue eyes seem to twinkle behind his half-moon glasses with a kind of mean look to them.

He raises his wand and points it at me. "Core revelare," he mutters and a comforting dark shadow surrounds me. "Finite incantatem." The shadow goes away.

"You were right," Mum murmurs, disgust heavy in her voice. My eyes widen and I back away as Mum comes towards me.

"Sweetheart, we think it's best that you...go away for a while. I'm sorry." She says, though she looks anything but. "We hereby disown Harrison Jameson Potter from the Ancient and Genteel House of Potter, so mote it be." There's a sharp crack and I feel freezing for a second as the magic rushes at me before it goes away. I shrink back in fear as Dumbledore comes forward.

"It's best if we leave now." He places a hand on my shoulder, his fingertips and surprisingly long nails digging into my shoulder, and Apparates us away to an orphanage that I assume is far from the place I once called home. After giving me one final, hate-filled smirk, Dumbledore DisApparates without another word, leaving me on the front steps of an orphanage by the name of Wool's Orphanage. Not knowing what to do, I sit on the steps, off to the side and out of the way, and put my head in my hands. Though I'm bored, I watch the crowds warily. About two hours later, I hear a soft crack and a woman with wildly curly black hair and Pureblood black robes appears in front of me. She bends down so she's at eye-level with me.

"I'm Bellatrix Lestrange, a distant relative of the Potters'. I came as soon as I heard. If you wish, you could come live with me. I have a husband and daughter of my own. You'd have a family again. That is...if you want to." She speaks in a calm and quiet voice, so very unlike how loud and rather condescending the Potters had a tendency to be.

"I'd like that...yeah. But first, I'd like to be sure you are who you say you are. I'd trust you more easily if I knew for a fact you weren't some random person." She chuckles and nods, offering her hand. I take it and she Apparates us to Gringotts. We walk in, then up to a goblin by the name of Ironclaw.

"Hello, Mrs. Lestrange. What brings you here? And with...what's your name, sir?" he asks.

I blink. "I'm not sure at the moment. Though after this I may very well be a Lestrange." Bellatrix smiles.

"I'd like to prove to him that I am indeed a relative of his and then if he allows it, I'd like to do a blood-adoption." Ironclaw nods and holds out a dagger inscribed with runes. She takes it and slices the palm of her hand, letting seven drops of blood hit the parchment before handing back the dagger and healing her hand wordlessly and wandlessly. I grin at the careless magic before turning my attention to the parchment, which reads:

Name: Bellatrix Lestrange nee Black

Age: 38

Sexuality: Bisexual

Maternal Parent: Druella Black

Paternal Parent: Cygnus Black

Sibling(s): Narcissa Malfoy nee Black, Andromeda Tonks nee Black

Family Tree (as requested):

Vaults: Lestrange, Black

Creature Inheritance: Vampire - switch

Mate: Rodolphus Lestrange

Child(ren): Hermione Lecretia Lestrange

"Thank you for clearing that up, Aunt Bella. I would be honored if you adopted me." I grin up at her and she nods with a soft smile.

Ironclaw reaches under his desk and pulls out a potion. He pulls the stopper out of it and pours it into a goblet. "Three drops of blood from each of you into the goblet then you will need to drink it," he says to me. I nod and he hands me the dagger. I cut the pad of my finger and let three drops fall into the goblet and I pull my hand away. I heal it while Bellatrix does the same and the goblin holds his hand over it, chanting something in Gobbledygook. Then he hands it to me and I tentatively sniff it, before drinking it. It tastes pretty good and I set the now-empty vial down before I feel the changing. It goes on for a bit before stopping. Bellatrix's eyes widen and she smiles before tossing a quill she pulls out of her purse onto the floor and transfiguring it into a full-length mirror. I turn to it and my eyes widen. I grin at myself in the mirror. And notice fangs. I chuckle, surprised and look myself over. My hair has gotten much longer, down to my waist and turned a wavy black, darker than my hair before, I've gotten more lithe, my eyes have turned a dark brown with green flecks in them, and I've gotten a bit taller. I grin up at Bellatrix, who smiles down at me.

"The only thing I need you two to do is decide on your name which will change his information. You will then need to drop seven drops of blood onto this parchment, finalizing the adoption." He addresses me for the latter part. I nod and look to Bellatrix.

"How about...Ciel? Ciel Grey Lestrange." She looks to me and I nod. I like that name.

I take the dagger Ironclaw offers me and slice my palm open, letting seven drops of blood fall to the parchment before Bellatrix heals it. I smile as words form on the page:

Date: August 22

Name: Ciel Grey Lestrange

Age: 10

Birth Date: August 23

Sexuality: Gay (As a goddamn rainbow)

Adoptive Maternal Parent: Bellatrix Lestrange nee Black

Adoptive Paternal Parent: Rodolphus Lestrange

Sibling(s): Hermione Leta Lestrange

Vaults: Lestrange, Black

Creature Inheritance: Vampire - switch

Mate(s): Severus Snape - Dragon - switch

A/N: For the sake of my story, blood adoption allows for you to change the one who's being adopted's birthday. Bellatrix did, so Harry (aka Ciel) is now Hermione's twin to make the transition to being Lestrange easier for him and to make it easier to explain a sudden child to other families.

Mum's eyes widen at this and I look at her, confused. She shakes her head and I shrug.

"Is there anything else you need me to do?" Ironclaw asks. We shake our heads in unison and he nods.

"May your gold ever flow," Bellatrix-I mean-Mum says.

"And may your enemies fall at your feet," Ironclaw replies with a smile. Mum takes my hand and leads me out into the rather bright autumn sun.