Chapter 1 "Demons"

<(y/n)'s POV>

       "What's this?" Emma asks, holding onto the gate's bar. "It's a gate. Something that connects the inside and the outside." Ray said. "The outside, eh? We've never been there before." Emma replied with curiosity. "That's because we've been here ever since we were born," Norman said. I zoned out from the conversation completely, as I stare into the darkness behind the gates. I could see the figure of a monster, though I know it's not actually there. I am just remembering the figure of the monster I saw 1 year and 10 months ago, during one of the shipping. I followed Mama to see the shipping commence, the smell of blood still lingers near the gate yet no one can smell it. I'm the oldest child in the orphanage, the first child to arrive there, I know the house better than anyone, of course, that means I knew about the horrible things Mama have been doing too. I've watched so many children die, every shipping ever since the first child was ship out, I was there, watching as they scream for help.
    I didn't do anything, of course, I couldn't, what can a 4-year-old like me do against a demon. Many things actually.

~Flashback~

      When the demon and Mama saw me at the gate watching as everything went down, Mama was shocked and the demon tried to kill me. However as it's sharp fingers got close to mine, he started screaming in agony. The other demon on the side didn't know what to do, he can only watch as his partner scream in agony. "Take the child and leave." Was all I said as I looked unfazed by the whole situation. "Who do you think you are? I don't take orders from children!" He shouted he was attacking me. In the blink of an eye, he was lying on the floor, in pain, with me looking down at me. "If you want the pain to stop, and not end up like your buddy here, it's best you leave with the goods now, understand?" My face darkened, a glare fixed on my face as I looked down at the demon on the floor. "I un-understand! Please just let me go!" The demon begged. Soon the pain stopped and he quickly loads the child on the car and drove off. I looked at Mama, she was looking at me shocked. "Mama, let's go home. Emma is waiting for you to get back and play with her." I said in a loving voice, she visibly gulped as sweat rolled off her beautiful face. "R-right" after that we walked back to the orphanage together. "Hey, Mama?" "Y-yes?" "Don't worry." "Eh?" She stopped walking and looked at me. "Don't worry about the shipping and the demons, I won't tell anybody." She said reassuringly at her. "Why." "Why what?" I tilted my head, confused at her. "Why are you so calm about all this, why are you keeping this secret when you could tell the others and run away." Why huh? "Cause I already knew about the shipping." She let out a gasp. " But how?" "I remembered my past, how I got here and what happened to my parents," "You knew all along?" Disbelief was evident on her face. "Don't worry though, I don't plan to escape, nor do I plan to tell anybody about this." I kneeled down on the grass and picked a red poppy. "Why don't you ask me to make sure you don't get ship out early?" I smiled. "I won't need to, they won't dare touch me anyway. You saw, didn't you? Anything that tries to hurt me will end up in pain, it's one of the abilities that I have, to make my enemies drop down in pain." I said as I averted my eye from her. "And plus, even after all you did. I couldn't stop myself from loving you." I said, tears roll down my face. Mama looked surprised, she reaches her hands out to me, my first instinct was to hug her. "The love you show all of us in the orphanage, they're real. I can tell, those were not lies." I sniffed. "You're doing this for your survival, you do not want to ship them off either but you have to, to stay alive." I look up at her, more tears roll down my face, Mama looked at me as she wiped all the tears from my face. "I love you Isabella" "I love you too, (y/n)."

~End of flashback~

       "../n)? (Y/n)? (Y/N)!" I snapped back into reality as I focused again, the first thing I see was Emma and Norman looking at me worried. "Yes?" "Are you okay?" Norman asked. "Yeah, you were spacing out for quite a while now," Emma said. "Oh, yes I'm fine. I was just thinking about what I want to draw later when we get back." I lied. "Ah, of course! You always have love drawing." Emma said cheerfully. "Your very good at it too!" Norman added in. I smiled, "Thank you for your compliments, now we should really go. Mama only let you come here to see the gates because I was going with you, we still have a time limit of how long we can be here. And who knows what we'll happen if we disobey Mama, maybe a demon will come and eat your brain~" I joked. "No way! Demons aren't real!" Emma said. "She is right, we should get going. It's about to be lunchtime." Ray said. We all started to head back. Emma and Norman were walking in front of me and Ray when Ray suddenly whispered to me "Why did you say that?" "Say what?" "About the demons." I looked at Norman and Emma for a while before I replied, "who knows, I said it without thinking." "Well, no matter." After that, we grew silent. "Hey (y/n)?" "Yes, Ray?" "Do you think we will get out of here one day? With Emma and Norman." He stopped walking and looked down at the grass. " Escape huh? "Sure you will" I smiled and grab his hand, we walked back to the orphanage hand in hand. You will escape, and I'll help you if I need to. However, I might not be able to go with you. I love Mama too much to leave her. When we arrive back at the orphanage, Mama greeted us. "So how was your little field trip?" She asked Emma and Norman. "It was fun!" Emma said, jumping around. Norman nodded in agreement, "How bout' you Ray?" Mama asked with a smile. "It was okay, nothing exciting." He replied disinterestedly. "I see, well lunch is almost ready. Come help set the tables." We nodded and started setting the tables for lunch.

A/n: This story is a little (a lot actually) weird. This will follow the anime but some parts will be made up by me, so I hope you guys enjoy it nonetheless. The season 1 portion has already been written out, I just have to edit them. The season 2 portion will not be according to the manga nor the upcoming s2 anime, from s2 onward I'll be making everything up so there will be a lot of weird parts (s2 portion will be written at a later date). I hope you enjoy the story.