· 1 ·

"I don't understand it!" Joni whined, pointing at a mathematic question. She scratched her head in confusion, as despite how many times she tried to answer, she can't get the same answer.

She looked up, staring at Mikael with hopeful eyes. "Please teach me?" Her both hands clasped together, hoping her request will be fulfilled.

Mikael sighed, a bit annoyed. "Didn't I just teach this a while ago? How can you already forget it?"

"'m sorry. I don't really understand what you say before." Joni sheepishly replied. "So.. teach me?" She showed the question and smiled. A kind of smile that he can't refuse.

"Fine!"

After a short while of teaching, Joni finally managed to answer it correctly. She thanked him and god- her pleased expression looked so adorable that he felt like falling for her even more. (Despite her carelessness, he can't even hate her for that.)

She continued with her works while Mikael proceeded to read a novel. The scene was rather quiet, just the fan, he flipping through the pages and Joni scribbling her answers on the book. Both of them were comfortable in the silence, so neither tried to start a conversation.

Till some minutes later that Mikael had finished his novel. He put the book aside and stretched his arms, feeling the pain after staying in the same position for a while too long. "Joni, have you finish it?" he asked out.

She should be done by now. There's only two pages of work and could be done after an hour. Seeing that she didn't answer to his question, he called out her name once more.

"Joni?" and again, no answer. He checked her out and realised she was deep in slumber, softly snoring. Drool on her pages and she looked content.

Vein popped on his forehead. He breathed in a few times to control his annoyance mixed with a little anger. "Hey, wake up-" He shook her body gently, trying to wake the girl up.

"Hnn.." she sluggishly replied, but alas, showed no sign of waking up. She turned her head to the opposite way. He shook her again, this time a bit rougher but the effect remained the same. No response.

He left to get some drink, already gave up on trying to wake Joni up. After drinking, he returned to the living room, took a seat facing her. He stared into her sleeping face, admiring it silently.

He stopped when he heard her groaning. But still, looked into her face as there's nothing else to do.

"....ikael..like you too..."

A blush crept immediately on his face. Crimson red hearing her sleep-talking. Mikael panicked a bit, what kind of dream was she having to say that?

---

Joni woke up.

The first thing she realised was that several hours had passed. And then she looked in front and saw a sleeping Mikael.

Her face sweaty, red tinted her cheeks recalling her stupid little dream. In her fantasy, Mikael confessed to her and she replied yes, ecstatic. But in real life, both of them are simply best friends with probably too much feelings. (Or it's only in her case. She can't understand Mikael that much)

Before he woke up, she finished all her homework, ignoring some wet spots on her book. She looked at her wristwatch, 5:37p.m. Joni should go back home now, she spent too much time in his house.

She stood up and sat beside Mikael. A grin curved on her lips. She leaned closer and whispered his name into his ears in an eerie manner.

He immediately conscious. Mikael faced the grinning girl, ready to scold her but was afterwords flustered to see her face. "Go home already. It's late!"

"Alright, alright." She laughed, her hands picking all her books. "Goodbye, see you tomorrow!" Joni waved and went home, leaving him there, face still red.

In her way home, she couldn't help but to keep thinking. 'Why does he look so flustered? What happens?' The questions bothered her to no end, but quick to vanish as she already reached home.

---

"Hey Emilia, have I ever talk in my sleep?" She asked, laying down on her bed while video chatting her best friend.

"Um, I think.. yes?" She answered, sounding hesitant. "Why'd you ask?"

Joni shrugged. "Eh, I don't understand it too. It's just.. for reasons Mikael looks really uncomfortable when alone with me now. He blushes a lot and always avoids my eyes! I dunno what's wrong with him." She whined.

Emilia remained silent, deep in her thoughts. After a while, she asked another question. "When did it start?"

She hummed softly. "I think it's two weeks ago. After I went to his house to study together. I subconsciously fell asleep while doing my work and when I woke up, he's sleeping. So I woke him up. When he's conscious, he looked flustered and all that. I wonder if something happened when I'm asleep.."

"Don't tell me that.." Emilia looked at her in disbelief. She shook her head, carefully chose the best words. "Do you have like, any strange dream at that time?"

Joni turned red. She rubbed her neck. "Well, yes."

"What is it about?"

She took a deep breath and stared at Emilia seriously. "Promise me you won't laugh and tell anybody"

"Obviously. Wait, Mia included?"

"..I guess no?"

"Alright."

"So in that dream, Mikael confessed to me and I replied yes. I don't really remember what else happen but yea that's pretty embarrassing." She covered her face helplessly. "I know it's strange but god- I think I like him."

Emilia was quiet, too quiet for Joni's liking. "Helloo? You're still there, Emilia?" She waved in front of the screen, quite scared that she accidentally disconnected.

"Well yes. Just wait a minute. I want to process everything." Emilia rubbed her forehead and sighed. "So you like him too?"

"What do you mean? Yeah, I like him." Joni replied in innocent confusion.

"That's good."

"Wait why?"

Her eyebrows furrowed. "God, don't you know that he has been pining for you since like we are still in primary?"

"Really!"

Hearing the surprised tone in Joni's voice, she can't believe it even more. "God, I know you're oblivious, but I never know it's to this extent."

Joni chuckled sheepishly. "So, do you think I should tell him I like him or not?"

"Wait a little more. Three months more and you'll be 18, right? By that time, either wait for him first or immediately tell him. The choice in your hands."

She smiled ear to ear. "Thanks for the help, Emilia. Love you!"